Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 AM

Default NL10, 170bb pot, top two vs. coldcaller all streets

Sorry no hand convertor available.

Hero (CO) : $11.49
Villain (BTN) : $8.91

Hero has [ Kd Tc ]

Preflop :

Hero opens to $0.40, Villain calls $0.40 , SB folds, BB folds.

Flop ($0.95) : [ Ts 5s 7s ]

Hero bets $1, Villain calls $1.

Turn (~$3-rake) : [ Kc ]

Hero bets $3, Villain calls $3.

River (~$9-rake) : [ 3c ]

Hero goes all-in (effective $4.51).

---

No reads on villain. It looks like my river push was pretty dumb IMO, what do you think? I can beat only a small two pair of the hands he's willing to call, which is an extremely unlikely holding. Checking (with the intention of calling if he pushes) looks much better.

Turn pot bet : his coldcalling made me think he was likely chasing the flush which is typical, also I'm ahead of other possible calling hands like Tx, poket pairs etc. except a flopped flush he's slowplaying. I don't think he's slowplaying a small flopped set on such a dangerous board.

Flop I think it's standard.

Variant : push turn? Doesn't look too great. (but not horrible though - my hand isn't dead even if behind, I have "an out" to boat up). With reads might be the better play.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: NL10, 170bb pot, top two vs. coldcaller all streets

this is fine, imo. if he slowplayed a set or flush good for him, your getting away cheaper when 4 flush hits etc.

river is a good push (don't want weaker hands to check behind, they will call 1/2 pot anyways)

pushing turn is bad, youd be betting 7 into 3 so villain will get away too cheaply when he has a weaker hand and stack you when he has a strong one
Old 06-02-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

river is a good push (don't want weaker hands to check behind, they will call 1/2 pot anyways)

[/ QUOTE ]

One hand that fits the action and will call the river push with high probability is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X. He's calling on the flop chasing the K-hi flush, he's calling on the turn when he makes top pair and he's very probably calling the river. The problem is that there's only one K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the deck. Do you think he's willing to call other one-pair hands when he whiffes the flush? (I've dismissed two small pairs as very unlikele in my OP). I still lean towards giving the bluff a chance for more value because these 6-max games have been very aggro (though I don't have specific reads on villain). He may think that I'm betting a flush draw strongly on the come and he might push with anything if I check the river. Remember that I opened from a steal position pre-flop.

[ QUOTE ]

pushing turn is bad, youd be betting 7 into 3 so villain will get away too cheaply when he has a weaker hand and stack you when he has a strong one

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree with that with no reads, but think of the following imaginary situation : villain is a hopeless "early pattern" calling station and will call with the weakest of draws with more cards to come but he will *not* call without a hand *or* bet as a bluff when all the cards are dealt. In that situation pushing the turn gains value.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:00 AM

One more thing: Villain didn't have a flush, but I still lost the hand. Can you guess what he had? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]