Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Live £3-£3 Pot Limit, two pair check-raised on the flop

£3-£3 PL game.

Villain is not a regular, he's been sitting at the table for a few orbits, seems tightish, definitely tighter than the average player of this game, but hasn't really given particular clues.

My image is reasonably TAG, preflop I've been playing positional smallball, trying to mix limping and raising with a variety of holdings, but I've only shown down a couple of hands, where I happened to be very strong.
In particular, in the hand right before this one I've taken down a very large pot with a freaky house-over-house.

Preflop: Hero (£2,000) is dealt Ac 10s in the Hijack. Two limpers, I limp behind, button calls. Villain is in the SB (£700), and he raises 15 more. Called around, pot is £108.

Flop: As Kc 10d. Checked to me, I bet £50, button folds, SB raises £150 on top (which leaves him with about £500 behind). Pot is now around £360.

Hero?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Live £3-£3 Pot Limit, two pair check-raised on the flop

nice flop bet, you got what you want, not sure why you're not getting it all in.

if that's not the case, why the donkish flop bet? to confuse yourself? that's a pretty dangerous board. i would either lead out strong (preferrable), or c/r (not preferrable given stack sizes, if you c/r any decent bet, it's going to be 2-1 for you to make the call)

your weak bet really screwed this up. He could be raising your bet w/ AK, w/ AQ, w/ KK.

AA and TT seem a bit unlikely.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:12 PM

I think preflop is raise or fold (fold being the better option)... calling is terrible.

As played I think I call flop here. SB can have AK or a set real easy. I call and evaluate turn action.

I don't really like a push, doubtful AQ calls one.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice flop bet, you got what you want, not sure why you're not getting it all in.

if that's not the case, why the donkish flop bet? to confuse yourself? that's a pretty dangerous board. i would either lead out strong (preferrable), or c/r (not preferrable given stack sizes, if you c/r any decent bet, it's going to be 2-1 for you to make the call)

your weak bet really screwed this up. He could be raising your bet w/ AK, w/ AQ, w/ KK.

AA and TT seem a bit unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to both. I usually don't play weakish aces that are prone to be dominated, but I was still stacking the chips from the previous hand and I went like "what the heck, I want in".

Agree that flop bet is badly sized - should have bet 100 in that pot. However, check-rasing for me is not really an option. I only have the button to speak after me so if I want money in the pot I have to put some in.

Also quite agree on villain's range - that means the only hand I'm beating is AQ. However I thought there was a chance of him pulling a sick bluff holding something that had got smashed by the flop, like JJ or QQ.