Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: help out a loser (woman problem)

Since you were both pretty comfortable with e-mails, just tell her in one that you didn't expect this to happen and would like to be honest and ask her advice. Maybe she would LIKE to make the relationship more than friendship.

To just cut the friendship off with no explanation goes against everything your relationship is based on and would be very hurtful. Be real with her.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guids, FFK, and Bison are all spot on, and I'd like to reiterate that my first thought upon reading this is that you might be gay.

To offer some constructive criticism, manning up and telling her how you feel sucks, especially because that's not how most guys roll. But after you do it, you might get lucky and at least you'll know where you stand, and you don't have to beat yourself up anymore over not doing anything about it. Plus you'll get more confidence from doing it, even if you get shot down. And I bet if she's as cool as you say and not interested, she'll let you down easy!

[/ QUOTE ]

well i wouldn't pour my heart out to her. just make it clear that it's a date. saying stuff like "we should have dinner sometime" is not clear enough. this is what i do, and it doesn't work. they still think you're just hanging out.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true..."we should [censored] sometime" should definitely make your intentions clear though
Old 06-02-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you were both pretty comfortable with e-mails, just tell her in one that you didn't expect this to happen and would like to be honest and ask her advice. Maybe she would LIKE to make the relationship more than friendship.

To just cut the friendship off with no explanation goes against everything your relationship is based on and would be very hurtful. Be real with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not, for the love of the so called god, do this.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:24 AM

Trip Report :

So I gave her a call and my plan was pretty much to say why don't you let me take you out on a date tomorrow evening.

We talked for a few minutes and I'm waiting for my opening to ask her for the date. She brings up how she did something stupid today, so I ask her what she did and she told me that she told her ex that she still liked him and he shot her down. This was the same guy she told me yesterday that she was over and why I thought I might be in. Then she was like, it sucks when you like someone and they don't like you back, have you ever had that happen to you?

No, of course not... So yeah, that killed anything I had planned.

But then of course I'm stupid... she mentioned she still wants to go swimming at my place and she might be able to tomorrow after she's done with work and I just went with it.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip Report :

So I gave her a call and my plan was pretty much to say why don't you let me take you out on a date tomorrow evening.

We talked for a few minutes and I'm waiting for my opening to ask her for the date. She brings up how she did something stupid today, so I ask her what she did and she told me that she told her ex that she still liked him and he shot her down. This was the same guy she told me yesterday that she was over and why I thought I might be in. Then she was like, it sucks when you like someone and they don't like you back, have you ever had that happen to you?

But then of course I'm stupid... she mentioned she still wants to go swimming at my place and she might be able to tomorrow after she's done with work and I just went with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, WTF.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 AM

Uh oh. Talking about other boys is a turn for the worse. She could have been fishing for clues though. You didn't clam up and become all mopey when she said that did you?

Just act like she didn't say that. Have her over to swim, break out the fajitas, and make a move. JUST [censored] DO IT. SO WHAT IF SHE DENIES YOU? YOU DON'T WANNA HAVE TO LIVE WITH HER JUST BEING YOUR FRIEND! IT WILL MAKE YOU CRAZY!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh oh. Talking about other boys is a turn for the worse. She could have been fishing for clues though. You didn't clam up and become all mopey when she said that did you?

Just act like she didn't say that. Have her over to swim, break out the fajitas, and make a move. JUST [censored] DO IT. SO WHAT IF SHE DENIES YOU? YOU DON'T WANNA HAVE TO LIVE WITH HER JUST BEING YOUR FRIEND! IT WILL MAKE YOU CRAZY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Between you guys and talking it over with my best friend back home, I'm already in full blown [censored]-it mode. I'm probably already buried but it's not like I can do any worse at this point, right?

I'll break out something tomorrow to finalize it one way or the other.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the situation, that seems likely. The fishing, that is. Besides, this is obviously the perfect time to grab her on the rebound! I think OP has nothing to fear.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Between you guys and talking it over with my best friend back home, I'm already in full blown [censored]-it mode. I'm probably already buried but it's not like I can do any worse at this point, right?

I'll break out something tomorrow to finalize it one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to quit flipping the [censored] out, son.

There are two real possibilities left here.

1) She really does like you and she's fishing hard.

2) She's off her nut and you should be glad to wash your hands of her ASAP.

Either way, you win, so just touch her butt or something.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip Report :

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel bad for you son...