Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Limit in Vegas?

[ QUOTE ]
3000 hands is nothing. but if you can beat 5/10 online you should play at least 15/30 live if you don't have bankroll considerations.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played 3000 hands, no way in hell can he determine if he can beat 5/10 online - thats hardly a blip on the charts. thats horrible advice as stated.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM

we're saying the same thing. perhaps i didn't word it well.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3000 hands is nothing. but if you can beat 5/10 online you should play at least 15/30 live if you don't have bankroll considerations.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played 3000 hands, no way in hell can he determine if he can beat 5/10 online - thats hardly a blip on the charts. thats horrible advice as stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT I know you are a respected limit player, I would appreciate your thoughts on what level you think I could play and not be totally outclassed.

I know my game is not perfect, far far from it.I am 100% aware that 3000 hands is not an adequate sample size, unfortunatly it is all I have to go on at the moment.

I will be in Vegas, and would like to continue playing limit whilst there, at what stakes I do not know. I am open to all suggestions.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with TT here.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know my game is not perfect, far far from it.I am 100% aware that 3000 hands is not an adequate sample size, unfortunatly it is all I have to go on at the moment.

I will be in Vegas, and would like to continue playing limit whilst there, at what stakes I do not know. I am open to all suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

While 3000 hands isn't much to go on to judge an ideal limit, you have other things to help you judge. How much loss can you tolerate in a session? In a weekend? Are those 3000 hands live experience (~90-100 hrs), or online? If online, I suggest playing 4-8 live for an evening to get used to live play, then reevaluate. If you are already accustomed to live play, 8-16 vs 4-8 is more a bankroll choice than a possible question to answer based on your skill/experience.

-Curtis
Old 06-02-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While 3000 hands isn't much to go on to judge an ideal limit, you have other things to help you judge. How much loss can you tolerate in a session? In a weekend? Are those 3000 hands live experience (~90-100 hrs), or online? If online, I suggest playing 4-8 live for an evening to get used to live play, then reevaluate. If you are already accustomed to live play, 8-16 vs 4-8 is more a bankroll choice than a possible question to answer based on your skill/experience.

-Curtis

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input. The limit hands to date have been online. I have played many hours live poker in 1/2 nl games, and tournaments (donkaments).

I can can comfortably sustain a few losses of buy in at 15-30. However, I think I am going to start off in the 8-16, move up if running well, or more importantly not geting run over. Move down if things are tougher than I imagine them to be.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:45 AM

My advice:
Don't choose a limit, choose a game. Look for a game with lots of people limping, multiple callers on the flop and turn, etc.

Don't sit in a bad game just because you decided ahead of time that's the limit you planned to play.