Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Possible March Article subjects

[ QUOTE ]

Note there were many other ideas but I ended up choosing these. I will admit that some ideas I felt like I shouldn't write about because it will be very hard to be honest about them without giving up too many ideas that I deem to be valuable. The above ideas I can write about with no problems. They will all include about 5 specific hand examples as in my previous article on playing AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Booo. I really liked my idea on a "specific" hand as you asked for. Feel free to pm me with your thoughts on how to play that though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 PM

Are these articles solely about SnGs? Are they focusing on online play? If so I agree with bjb; the most striking difference with the new Regular PP SnGs is that you will often find yourself down to 3/4 players with 5 minutes or more play remaining at the 200 level and each player with 4000+ chips. I'm continuing to play straight up ABC poker, but my guess is I should be modifying my play, if only slightly.

Whilst I'd appreciate the articles on CBs & pot size, this aspect of the game hasn't really changed & anyone who spends a decent amount of time here can find a lot of valuable discussion on both aspects of the game.

Having said that, I guess with an article a month, you'll get around to everything eventually.

OT: Love your work, don't let the bastards get you down, remember STT is your home [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want ITM!

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta get there first.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:54 PM

Ok the C-Bet is going to win, I know it. Now what would be helpful, is if people sent me hands of theirs, where they weren't sure whether or not they should c-bet. I will probably use 4-6 for the article. Forgive me if I don't use yours/respond to it, but will some of you guys be willing to send me situations where it seemed unclear to you? Or even send me situations where you thought it was quite basic to make a c-bet. I don't know the best way to do it. In any case I have created a brand new email account for this:

Send your hand examples if you are interested to curtainsarticles@yahoo.com. Please forgive me I will almost surely not have time to respond to all of your hands. If I don't do so and you really want to talk about it, probably it'd be best to post it on 2+2. The main reason I'm asking for this is to get material for the article from a wide spectrum of buyins.

Also feel free to send hands where you are sure you know the right play, but just think it'd make a good example [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS - Hands from current structures are better, as the old party structure is now old news.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:56 PM

If you do ITM I think it would be good to differentiate between low levels where people dont care once they make the money and the higher levels.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:59 PM

Dammit. Don't close the window until I get home in a few hours. I'll send my HH then.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:00 PM

Write about all 3. Then give us some of that super secret strategy.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:03 PM

There's no window, I wont have this article written for a while.

Also, the identity of the players whose hands I use will remain private of course.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:42 PM

Long time lurker, first post. I voted for c-bets with bet sizes taking a close second. I look forward to reading the arcticle. I also want to thank you for your contributions to this forum, they have helped my game immensley.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:51 PM

well, it looks like you have the next 3 months covered../ Looking forward to reading them, if you do them all that is (please?) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]