Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Ron Paul- The ONLY 2008 Candidate FOR Online Gaming!!

Hey folks. Sorry for getting political, BUT I just found out that Ron Paul (who is running for the 2008 Presidential election) is the ONLY candidate that is FULLY in support of online gaming in the USA. I can't vote for him myself as I am not from your country, but I highly recommend you google or youtube him and learn more. Here is the article I saw today:

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/may2007/310507Ron.htm

It is also up to each individual to spread the word to the gaming community. I am only one guy!

Have a G1, and maybe we will see you back @ the tables in 2008!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM

Default \"I am not from your country\"

You are not from the same planet if you think that a vote for Ron Paul is preferable to lobbying/educating other, more viable candidates.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: \"I am not from your country\"

What about voting for Ron Paul, and then letting the other candidates know why?

What about registering as a liberaterian, and letting the Rep and Dems know why?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: \"I am not from your country\"

[ QUOTE ]
You are not from the same planet if you think that a vote for Ron Paul is preferable to lobbying/educating other, more viable candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Republican Party that needs educating. A vote for Ron Paul will accomplish that more than holding your nose and voting for someone who'll vote against our interests, IMO.

There are many upset Republicans. The party used to consist of social conservatives, pro-business interests, and libertarians (small "l"). The social conservatives stole power and the locked-out Republicans are angry. They should NOT vote for the status quo if they want change.

Here's a post I made on Townhall.com (a conservative site) on an article blog on the subject:

[ QUOTE ]
Social conservatives and liberals seem to share a common love for big government and all the "wonderful" things government can accomplish with its power. You see it here. You see it with the Internet poker "ban" (not really a ban), where banks and ISPs are supposed to monitor the activities of American citizens deemed inappropriate by the all-powerful federal government. You see it in most of Bush's initiatives.

Perhaps the social conservatives and liberals who believe big government regulations are wonderful should form a new pro-government party. The limited government (i.e., true) conservatives and pro-business real Americans can then take back the Republican Party.

The irony here is that, if the new small government Republican Party took over, values would IMPROVE! You know why? Because our values don't come from Washington! They don't come from laws, either. It's time to loosen the shackles on the good American people. Trust the people to do what's right.

It's time for real Republicans to take the party back. Limited government is just that. There's nothing conservative about big government, regardless of how much one loves the laws it passes.

Everyone: Vote for freedom. Vote for Ron Paul. Tell your Republican congressmen that they don't have to legislate everything they personally oppose. So-called big government conservatism isn't conservative. It's statist, and giving power to the state is a loser for freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Can Paul can do to the Reps. in 2008 what Nader did to Al Gore ?

That Ralph Nader cost Al Gore the Presidency is clear ... Nevada alone was enough to tip the balance in the electoral college. .... So much for a "vote for principle" advancing the real politics of that "principle".

However, if you are implying that Ron Paul can sink the 2008 GOP ticket in a similar fashion, then by all means go at it.

I take it as a given here that Paul will not win in 2008. The need to "educate/lobby" the eventual winner therefore remains.

When I was involved in campaign finance, we gave the max to everyone who wasn't a mortal enemy and had ANY chance of winning, either this cycle or next cycle.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Can Paul can do to the Reps. in 2008 what Nader did to Al Gore ?

[ QUOTE ]
That Ralph Nader cost Al Gore the Presidency is clear

[/ QUOTE ]

Not clear at all. Al Gore didn't "own" those votes. Gore failed to make his case, so those voters went elsewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
However, if you are implying that Ron Paul can sink the 2008 GOP ticket in a similar fashion, then by all means go at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about the primary. If he loses and still chooses to run, he'll run as a Libertarian (he did in the past). If he doesn't, there will still be a Libertarian candidate, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm not personally beholden to the two-party system when neither party represents my interests.

[ QUOTE ]
I take it as a given here that Paul will not win in 2008. The need to "educate/lobby" the eventual winner therefore remains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

[ QUOTE ]
When I was involved in campaign finance, we gave the max to everyone who wasn't a mortal enemy and had ANY chance of winning, either this cycle or next cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. That's the approach we're trying to use relative to Internet gambling law reform....build momentum and support anything that advances our cause.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Personally I do not foresee Ron paul running on any ticket.

However a small and growing movement is Unity08.com, a group seeking to unite a Republican and a Democrat on a single ticket.
This could potentially have an impact on both parties and really make things interesting.

What I do foresee is the democrats gaining seats in the house and senate, however, the republicans will retain the white house. Even here in liberal democrat WV my friends in the democratic party agree, Obama and Clinton neither have a real chance of winning against any of the republican candidates (except Ron Paul).

Look though at Unity08.com , this could be interesting should this come about and they actually win a few states EC votes and prevent any candidate from achieving the 270 EC votes needed, sending the decision to the democratically controlled House of Representatives.

obg
Old 06-01-2007, 12:54 PM

while i like his gambling stance, i cannot support some of his other positions....

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm
Old 06-01-2007, 12:58 PM

There are two ways I know I can get be instantly amused around here.

One is reading a thread extolling the virtues of CardPlayer Magazine's legal analysis. And the other is reading a thread urging people to fight for Ron Paul.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two ways I know I can get be instantly amused around here.

One is reading a thread extolling the virtues of CardPlayer Magazine's legal analysis. And the other is reading a thread urging people to fight for Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

How many thread do we have for each of these topics? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]