Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Quad QQQQ - Amateurish move LIVE

Yeah, I also like betting out the flop against these guys (also on top set first hand). You might be able to get a lot in right there if they'll raise you.

OOP I'd call now and I'd even be tempted to CR the river. The way these guys are going at it, it looks like they'll bet anyway.

But after all that betting PF, I really think betting the flop is a lot better (as for quantity, I'd seriously consider 1/3 pot if you think they'll raise it or also 2/3 pot--depends on texture of game and how you think those bets will be perceived). Then you can call all the way, and hopefully get it all in on the river.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HERO BB [$12000] - dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
fold
UTG+1 raises to $120 [stack around $15k]
fold etc
CO (Villain hand 1) reraises to $400 [stack around $25k]
fold, fold <font color="red">HERO reraises to $1200, UTG+1 calls, Villain calls </font>

[$3610] Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">HERO check, UTG + 1 bets $2000, CO calls $2000 HERO calls $2000 ???? </font>

[$9610] Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> HERO check UTG +1 check CO bets $3000
HERO ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">

I posted this because I need to learn how to get better value from my big hands, the result here was okay but I think I played this poorly...mainly due to hand 1...

So I reraised to $6600 on turn thinking a made flush will push...... UTG+1 pushes all in and CO folds...I call..</font>
UTG+1 shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 PM

So you stacked one guy for 12k and got 250 bb out of another guy when you flopped quad queens, and you are wondering how to get more value? Nice post.

James
Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HERO BB [$12000] - dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
fold
UTG+1 raises to $120 [stack around $15k]
fold etc
CO (Villain hand 1) reraises to $400 [stack around $25k]
fold, fold <font color="red">HERO reraises to $1200, UTG+1 calls, Villain calls </font>

[$3610] Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">HERO check, UTG + 1 bets $2000, CO calls $2000 HERO calls $2000 ???? </font>

[$9610] Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> HERO check UTG +1 check CO bets $3000
HERO ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">

I posted this because I need to learn how to get better value from my big hands, the result here was okay but I think I played this poorly...mainly due to hand 1...

So I reraised to $6600 on turn thinking a made flush will push...... UTG+1 pushes all in and CO folds...I call..</font>
UTG+1 shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacked deck anyone?

2 Questions.

1) How many of you would fold AA in this situation given that you are the villain as opposed to the hero with said action?(Is AA foldable? I certainly don't fold it)

2) In this specific case I beleive you are stack AA no mater what, so KNOWING he has AA it is GREAT to smooth call because u know he's going nowhere and will stack off to you. My question is...are there any other hands where u want to raise for value? What hand will pay you off more on the turn than the river, or what hand will pay you more on the turn and is drawing and the river may blank for them? Maybe I'm too weak/tight, but with a board like that I'm not really playing any drawing hands as the CO. Are we hoping he shows up with KKh and praying by calling he hits a free K on the riv or another h? I just don't really see how this hand plays out differently even if you call and see the river. Basically I'm asking what hands can CO have which allow you to stack him as well on the riv.