Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Would this be considered masochism?

I was just reminded in a (incredible) bumped thread that it's been a year since the grueling May MTTC competition of 2006 and it got me thinking...

I remember May last year. When it was all said and done I had absolutely no desire to look at an online poker site for weeks. Some people considered jumping from tall buildings... and some people simply PWNED the whole forum and went on to stake every winning player for the next year (okay, so it was just one player).

I swore I would never do anything like that again....

Until today.

With that said, I'd like to propose a MINI competition to take place sometime after the WSOP winds down. I'd love to see something similar to what we ran last year in May complete with sidebets, trash talk and high volume MTT play... except that it should be scheduled to run less than a month.

Any interest?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Would this be considered masochism?

cyber see the 20/180 thread I mentioned I am working on a differnt one where volume only matters at higher buyins something randal got me onto a few tstone trips ago but I never organized it.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:36 PM

I'm definately up for it if it's something simelar to the 2006 competition. I plan on playing a lot anyways in June/July.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:26 AM

I didn't play in may, but was one of the psycho's who really enjoyed the November challenge, probably coz I ran really well for the 2nd half.

What I really liked about the format was that midstakers like myself could compete with some of the forums ballers. With no 20/180 challenges there isn't much going on for people in my buy in range currently (primarily < $50).

Anyway, if others were keen for something for that kind of buy in range, I'd definitely be keen, and happy to help with organising as well...