you obviously did not give him the eyeball
Old 05-31-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Live 10/20 deep at Bellagio with AQss

[ QUOTE ]
you obviously did not give him the eyeball

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2007, 11:00 PM

I had a set play exactly like that against me the other day. I think you're behind, but easy call with your spade draw. I'm check-folding the river against anything but spades on an unpaired board.

If a spade hits, I think it's critical to look kind of sick and then probably check-raise or check-call--the "act" is also very important on your call. You need to look simply like AK/AQ with no spades.

This betting sequence against an unknown whom you can assume knows what he's doing looks stronger than 2 pair to me--and I don't think he's letting go on the river to spades.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 AM

seems like a pretty easy push on the turn... he never has a set here ever... seems like some weak attempt to steal the pot... and if u just call u have to call river imo... with your image they will only call down wit every semi strong hand and raise on flop with made hands and big draws...
Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a pretty easy push on the turn... he never has a set here ever... seems like some weak attempt to steal the pot... and if u just call u have to call river imo... with your image they will only call down wit every semi strong hand and raise on flop with made hands and big draws...

[/ QUOTE ]

The last 2 sets flopped at the table had both been slowplayed, one of them on a vvv similar flop in like a 4 way pot, so him slowplaying a set here is definitely not out of the question. Live full ring sucks.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 AM

but will they slowplay vs the table LAG that they all hate?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:43 AM

I love live FR, but I think you really have to have a read here. With a read, I think you can push or else check-call river.

The one thing I will retract is that I'd call a river push even if the board pairs. You of course win in actuality, but without being results oriented, I'm still smelling flopped set or straight, and the latter is enough to warrant a call even on a paired board.

I also agree that your image may make a big difference. I'm always playing with a very tight image, and hence players are more concerned about getting adequate payouts on sets.

"Never has a set here ever" is just wrong. I've seen several strong tricky players play them exactly that way, and I really have no reason to believe that it's unusual at the Bellagio 10/20.

On the other hand, if this guy just sat down 20 mins. ago, he hasn't necessarily pegged you as LAG just yet (??).

With minimal images and reads, I just think you have to resort more to default plays, and mine is going to have to be fold without the flush.

I also would've bet both flop and turn just a little bit softer, hence leaving a little more stack depth to work with, but I don't think that's any kind of real issue.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:06 AM

I like your analysis Aisthesis.

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, if this guy just sat down 20 mins. ago, he hasn't necessarily pegged you as LAG just yet (??).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he could because if I remember correctly he was there when I 3bet one of the other local dudes and he thought/folded 96o face-up and said "I was just kidding" jokingly, and then I immediately flipped 85o face-up saying "so was I"... lol

How the hell do you survive live poker with a "tight" image? You must get bored as hell..
Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 AM

50/45...

20 minutes is plenty of time for him to peg you LAGgy

With your image Villain's hand range could be wide here, 77, 66, etc, especially with the ace on the turn (considering he could try to rep like he had the ace high draw). But being a local nit myself, he's strong here a massive amount of the time hoping you're thinking everything I just typed. Especially if he's in the 40's + age range, looks like he hasn't slept in a week, and everything about him needs to be washed. And the pension player is clearly trapping.

I push if this guy is under 31, and I call if the above discription is accurate.

And in NO WAY do I check the flush if I get there. M'all in.

PS: The raise on the turn is as close to a minraise as you can get... scary against the local nit, not so much against the player
Old 06-01-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If a spade hits, I think it's critical to look kind of sick and then probably check-raise or check-call--the "act" is also very important on your call. You need to look simply like AK/AQ with no spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...