Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: 25NL, A3 sooted in a reraised pot

[ QUOTE ]
tbh this opponent completely sucks at poker and this is why micro stakes is impossible to win money...
this person is an idiot and i rele dont understand what he has got

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very bad attitude to have. First of all the person isn't an idiot in all probability. He might be ignorant of poker concepts or a kid playing on his dad's account. Second, you can't make money at uNL?! uNL is about one of the few places left in online poker where you can play a tight/solid game staying out of trouble and EASILY turn a profit if not crush these games. Especially 25NL and below.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:12 PM

That turn bet looks very weak and I agree that it feels like 99+. Based on that, I don't see the point of pushing the turn. He most likely won't call with underpairs and he is probably drawing to 2 outs. I would call here and hope he makes a big mistake if a club comes or even better, a club that gives him a set. I do think though that if he has a hand like AT then raising is certainly correct.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 PM

Call me Sally, but I don't even know that I see a flop here. Against 44+ and A4+ you've got three outs. Throw in KQ, QJ, etc, and you're ahead, but not by much. Unless he is really really terrible (willing to go broke with TT on an Axx flop), your implied odds are nonexistent. In short, you can only win if you hit your ace, and if you hit your ace, only better hands will give you action.

Flop: Fold. It's not like he's min-betting here. Yes, it's too small, but your typical loose passive player will call you down with crap, but he won't bet with it. This smells to me like AT or something similar where he's a little worried about his kicker, but not to the point of checking the Axx flop.

Turn: I'm too tired to do the math. I think your FE is pretty close to zero here.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:22 AM

Sam- I hear you, but against a guy this bad when I'm in position- I crush him so thoroughly post-flop that I'm always calling an undersized bet. He makes it 2+ to go and I'll let it go.

When a guy will tell you what he has and then price you in to call him, IMO those are the best places to get involved.

Remember I said he was trying to play taggy but ending up weak. That means he folds too much and doesn't bet enough, not that he's passive or loose. I'm vastly looser than he is, and mostly over needing to be aggressive to feel I played a hand well.

On the flop I'm ahead of much of his range and have outs to improve. AT-AQ can be folded out with a turn raise. I feel safe continuing. He'll make it clear what he has for me.

On the turn is where he tells me he almost certainly has 99-KK. I can very often fold out AT-AQ (against which I have 33% equity). I have many outs vs AA even (versus that hand I have 25% equity!).

Suppose we said his range here was 80% 99-KK, 10%AT+, 10%AA.

Push:
.9(12.25)+.1(.75[fold percentage vs Ax])(12.25)-.1(.25)(.66[his equity])(50)+.1(.25)(.33[my equity])(50)-.1(.75[his AA equity])(50)+.1(.25)(50)=+9.25

Calling is harder to evaluate but I know it is positive.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 AM

I still dont understand why we are pushing out most of the range that we have beat and could possibly get value on the river from (most notably 99-KK). Is it just because we have a super-duper draw that we see so hero MUST automatically push. I still dont think villain folds a stronger ace and certainly not trip aces given hero's laggy image. Mistake me if im wrong but most of your FE or +ev comes from KK-99 which you dont want out.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:48 AM

hero calls.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:49 AM

turn is an easy easy easy call. he's not folding a better ace right?

why get blown off your incredible draw.

in fact, raising gets worse hands to fold and better hands to call. and it's not like he's going to tripple barrell on this dry board.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

in fact, raising gets worse hands to fold and better hands to call. and it's not like he's going to tripple barrell on this dry board.

[/ QUOTE ]

QF well-said-ness. Call.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 AM

I think he has a PP above 8 here and raising will just lose value from a worse hand on the river. If he does have this, he is drawing to 1-2 outs.

Just call here and call the river if we blank. Do not reraise river if we don't hit our gutshot or flush.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I usually play these kind of hands fairly passively, awesome draw with tpnk. Unless I think villain could be on some kind of draw, in which case I get super-aggressive. Here that seems unlikely. Also, if you actually are behind, you have some decent implied odds.