Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Mike Vick Prop (Bodog)

Blank held on to Nardelli for 6 years (about 5.5 years too long) and that prick spent $1BB of Home Depot's money and couldn't get their stock moving. So, I'm confident he'll hang on to Vick as well.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could be totally wrong, but I thought -250 was good, even with the long duration. I wouldn't tie a large percentage of my roll up in it, but for a small bet I think there's value.

[/ QUOTE ]I have no problem with prop bets that are a year long and I have taken many. The key is that the bet must have a large expected return and that you don't tie up too much of your roll. If you believe the value is there then it is a good bet.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blank held on to Nardelli for 6 years (about 5.5 years too long) and that prick spent $1BB of Home Depot's money and couldn't get their stock moving. So, I'm confident he'll hang on to Vick as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Nardelli only doubled revenues and lifted earnings 150% in 6 years. He stunk, right?

Don't opine on industries you're not expert on. Besides, no one at 2p2 cares anyway [wrt you or me.]
Old 05-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Not that we should start weighing the relative degrees of wrongdoing for anyone accused of a felony, but what Pacman Jones is accused of is probably much worse and the Titans probably won't cut him. It's just the nature of the business.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:58 PM

Yeah, Nardelli only doubled revenues and lifted earnings 150% in 6 years. He stunk, right?

Don't opine on industries you're not expert on. Besides, no one at 2p2 cares anyway [wrt you or me.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Investors don't care about top-line revenue. They care about price. And quit acting like you own this place.