Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:37 PM

Default NL 100: You can\'t flop a better draw than this (should i be happy?!)

NL 100. No reads. I've been very aggressive, pushing my stack around the previous orbit. I'm not happy with the results and my play. I think my b/3b-shove is way too strong for how good my hand is. I should have bet 4 on the flop, obv. Maybe he sensed the donk flop, shove.

I can't see any hand raising my flop bet except 2p, set, and the nuts. He folded, so I'm thinking he was raising there w/ overpair like TT. I want to get this hand all in, even against the flopped nuts (40-60 against him, and 45-55 against flopped sets)

My main question though is...would you be happy winning this without showing down? I don't care about a bricked turn, I would shove it anyways.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($110.60)
MP2 ($242.70)
CO ($79.70)
Button ($83.60)
SB ($99)
Hero ($126.05)
UTG ($162.50)
UTG+1 ($82.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $12</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $125.05</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $142.05
Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: NL 100: You can\'t flop a better draw than this (should i be happy?!)

I don't think I can find fault in the way you played.

You are out of position, so what would your plan be on the turn? If you hit your draw, it will likely be a scare card that could kill your action, so I think i'd rather get it in on the flop.

If he calls, you don't mind since you will likely be even money with 2 cards to come, but really if he folds you shouldn't be too sad as you just won a pot, even though it was small, with just a pair of 6's.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: NL 100: You can\'t flop a better draw than this (should i be happy?

I like the bet/3bet line with really strong draws.

2 things though:

1. When I do this I always make sure to bet close to the pot on the first bet, so when I'm raised its for a larger amount. For instance if you bet $4, maybe he raises to $16 and you get a little more value out of it.

2. I like it better in raised pots.

Since this is limped the bet/3bet bet sizes don't work out very well. It works much better in a raised pot where say you bet $8, he raises to $24, then you push. Here I may have just 3bet to about $36 and pushed any turn.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: NL 100: You can\'t flop a better draw than this (should i be happy?!)

Yes, it's a very strong bet, and I would normally make it something like $35-$40. However, I don't mind massive overbets like this if you have a very aggressive image and if you will play strong draws/made hands the same way. I would want it to be against someone I regularly play against, however, who would know that and be put to some tough decisions.