Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 AM

Default NL 10 AKs standart ?

Pre: Raise or call, raise or call ...
I just mix it up a bit, the villains both where unknown, it was the very first hand on the table, I decided to call but had no specific resons for it.

Flop: Now I have a good hand and want to protect it ...
Donk or C/R ? .. I tried a C/R because it puts more money and more pressure on my oppents, and if I bet, the next player calls, the third would have prolly good odds to call his FD.

His call comitted him, ... I have to put him all-in now.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $9.95
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $10.00</font>
UTG: $11.30
UTG+1: $7.10
MP: $3.95
CO: $9.85
BTN: $7.60

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.40</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.40</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.40, CO folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.75</font>
Old 05-31-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: NL 10 AKs standart ?

I think reraising is better preflop because you probably want to either win preflop, or have initiative vs 88-JJ and AK/AQ/AJ to set up a cb on a missed flop. You'll be oop, so taking the initiative is probably better than cold calling.

I suppose c/r'ing the flop is ok. It snaps off a cb from worse hands. If villain is aggro, I might c/c to act like I'm chasing a flush and just take the chance that he's semi-bluffing to a flush or straight. If I c/c, then I lead the turn, and either c/c or block the river depending on what it is.

As played, I'm not sure you have to put so much in on the turn. TT, JJ, KK, AQ, AJ, and AA all have you beaten. You beat QQ, but QQ would have folded to the c/r. You only chop w/ AK. I suppose if he has Ac Tc, you don't want to give a free card.

I don't know. I don't think this is a very good turn card for you. I might just bet $2 and see what the river brings. And I might be willing to fold to a big raise over the $2 turn bet. You don't want to give good odds if he's chasing, but you don't want to put all your money in as a huge dog, either. Honestly, I don't think you're ahead anymore after the turn card. At best, you're probably chopping.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:14 PM

I'd bet $5 on the turn, which takes him all-in, anyway. Probably doesn't make a difference, just my preference.

However, this card is not great for you. If you are willing to take him all-in regardless, you might just check for a little pot control. You can just call or push any bet from him.

I'm not sure you're ahead here, but if he has a monster, I think he'd push flop.

I'd also re-raise pre.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM

Thank for the good posts.
Okay preflop raise b/c I want to take it down or have initiative when I'm OOP.
Flop is okay.
Turn ... now he has less then the pot left, and I was unsure what to do b/c I didnt want to give a freecard.
He has like 5~ left. 6.25 in the pot.
If I bet 2$, and he push for 3 more, I get 8.25 - 3 ... and have a tough decision to fold my TPTK+GS b/c something in my mind allways says "they're bluffin'" ... this is alot the case when I make a weak bet ...dunno have to work on that.

So Check the Turn and fold to an all-in ... Bet 2 and call an all-in ... bet 2 and fold to an all-in ... push him myself.
What do you prefere and why ?
I kinda think only C/F to an all-in or Pushing myself makes any sense ... I dont like the other two options ...
Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 PM

Villain's being an unknown makes this tough.

Personally, I would never bet $2. I would either bet $5 or check.

First, though, I would make up my mind as to whether I was going to call a push from villain with TPTK, which I probably would. Can't say that's correct, but his not pushing the flop makes me think he doesn't have a made hand yet.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 PM

That was my tought do we just go ahead and push ...
or weights the chance that he might try to bluff us / make a move with a worse hand the out that we give him a freecard from time to time ...

Your read that he does not have a made hand is not that bad I'll post what he had later