Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: WPT Mandalay Bay

Gold overbet all in soooo huge that hand. Blinds are 800 1600 200 ante, Waco makes it 4500 UTG, folded to me I call. Gold shoves in the BB for 34k. Waco tanks forever, calls clock on himself and then folds. I ask Jamie "Do you want to go home?"

He says something to the effect of "You know I have a better hand than you, so do what you gotta do I need to double up."

I eventually call and 66 holds.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 AM

Thayer, humblenss is divine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

When I saw that name in the chip counts, I started to put two and two together [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...GL
Old 05-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Last Hand of the Night
Phil Laak moves all in from the big blind on a flop of Qd6d2s and John Juanda goes into the tank on the button. As Juanda counts out his chips a crowd begins to gather. Players, fans, members of the media, Gavin Smith with a drink in hand, and a partridge in a pear tree are now sweating the table. Juanda exclaims, "So sweet," and flips over 6c3c. Laak turns over Ad7d and the turn and river cards are dealt 2sJd. Laak is eliminated on the final hand of the day and Juanda finishes day two with $227,300.

THIS is from CardPlayer does this make any sense Phil would have won this hand if played liked they described it and then wouldn't be eliminated he would have had a flush to Johns two pair
Old 05-31-2007, 05:46 AM

Actual Hand via pokerwire.com

John Juanda raised from the cutoff and Phl Laak called in the big blind. Laak check-raised Juanda all in for over 60k total on the Qd6d2s flop. Juanda measured out the chips then stated, "If you have a flush draw that would be so sweet," and called. Laak replied, "I got nothing."

Phil Laak 6c3c

John Juanda Ad7d

Laak was actually ahead with a pair of 6's, but Juanda had two overcards and a flush draw. The Jd turn gave Juanda the nuts and left Laak drawing dead. Laak was sent to the rail on the last hand of the night after the 4h river.

~stephen feraca
Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM

Chantel in 8th place. Cash game players everywhere pray for a victory.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-31-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last Hand of the Night
Phil Laak moves all in from the big blind on a flop of Qd6d2s and John Juanda goes into the tank on the button. As Juanda counts out his chips a crowd begins to gather. Players, fans, members of the media, Gavin Smith with a drink in hand, and a partridge in a pear tree are now sweating the table. Juanda exclaims, "So sweet," and flips over 6c3c. Laak turns over Ad7d and the turn and river cards are dealt 2sJd. Laak is eliminated on the final hand of the day and Juanda finishes day two with $227,300.

THIS is from CardPlayer does this make any sense Phil would have won this hand if played liked they described it and then wouldn't be eliminated he would have had a flush to Johns two pair

[/ QUOTE ]

lol they totally butchered this hand. wowzas. they gave laak the nuts!

in actuality it was a good read by phil, but i think john put him on a lower flush draw, and obviously not the queen. that's why he said "if you have a lower flush draw, that would be so sweet" not just "so sweet!"

the boys from CP are my friends, but they are brand new. pokerwire has an all-star coverage team now at all the $10k events (7 of us between reporting/blogging/multimedia). we just hired 2 more people, one of whom was CP's most talented, most used, and most under-appreciated writer (alex henriquez). the other guy has 2 years experience on the circuit (you may know him as THE LA mike).
Old 05-31-2007, 09:16 AM

Sorry for cardplayer's lousy results.. i'll use pokerwire if I am to update this tourney again
Old 05-31-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last Hand of the Night

[/ QUOTE ]

lol they totally butchered this hand. wowzas. they gave laak the nuts!

in actuality it was a good read by phil, but i think john put him on a lower flush draw, and obviously not the queen. that's why he said "if you have a lower flush draw, that would be so sweet" not just "so sweet!"

the boys from CP are my friends, but they are brand new. pokerwire has an all-star coverage team now at all the $10k events (7 of us between reporting/blogging/multimedia). we just hired 2 more people, one of whom was CP's most talented, most used, and most under-appreciated writer (alex henriquez). the other guy has 2 years experience on the circuit (you may know him as THE LA mike).

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremiah,

I was going to say something similar regarding cardplayer's recent HORRENDOUS complete mis-coverage of a ton of hands at recent Main Events...........but you said it for me!!
Sounds like you have a competent staff/crew working with you!

See you next week,
~stephen feraca
Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM

It's pretty humbling when pokerwire calls you "unknown player" and cardplayer never mentions you once. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

worldpokertour.com has mentioned me alot though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 12:12 PM

Word to the wise for well-known online players - having a blog with your picture on it, or a picture on pocketfives helps reporters tremendously at live events. It also helps to have friends with famous faces that can point you out and say "That's THAY3R". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]