Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Colbert Report or Daily Show?
Colbert Report 115 49.78%
Daily Show 88 38.10%
Results 28 12.12%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Huge debate with friend over something stupid/Poll

I'm in a stupid argument with a friend of mine about who is more right wing/conservative...President George W. Bush or Presidential canidate Senator John McCain. I'll leave it at that to not influence the poll results.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Neither

Neither are conservatives......
Your argument is like two hookers arguing which is more virtuous.

The conservatives are a significant wing of the Repub party but they are not big enough to elect a conservative in every primary. Unfortunately, the conservative wing of the party keeps getting screwed in their presidential nomination (Bush41 and Bush43). The Big Govt Bush's talked about being conservatives yet they grow govt. The last conservative to be put in the White House was Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately at the time both the House and Senate was Dem controlled so he was limited in the changes he could implement. But he did a womderful job despite these limitations...

Bush is a big govt Repub and so is McCain.
McCain tries to limit political speech 30 and 60 days before elections and Bush spends like a drunken sailor. Neither are conservatives. They are both classic Rockerfeller Repubs....
Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Neither

Define right wing.

Define conservative.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Define right wing.

Define conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can use Move On .org's definitions

Right Wing means wacky, gun loving kooks who drive pick ups, Hate gays, blacks, latinos, and short haired women.

Conservatives = Church goers

Right wing conservatives-- OMFG Run for the hills
Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm conservative and I hate Jesus.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they are.

When conservatives complain about Bush not being a real conservative, they don't understand what being a conservative means. Being a conservative does not mean being in favor of small government, it means that they think certain parts should be small (social spending and spending on the poor) and some should be big (defense, law enforcement, corporate welfare, abortion).

If you call yourself a conservative but you think drugs should be legalized or that we should pull out of Iraq or downsize our military, you are probably a libertarian.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm conservative and I hate Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats.... I am using the typical Move On.org definitions.... I am not stating these definitions are accurate, merely pointing out that some of the llllllllefties out there really think this. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your argument is like two hookers arguing which is more virtuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, this question is basically moot. If you're asking which one is more like a conservative, Bush probably takes it on the social issues.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they are.

When conservatives complain about Bush not being a real conservative, they don't understand what being a conservative means. Being a conservative does not mean being in favor of small government, it means that they think certain parts should be small (social spending and spending on the poor) and some should be big (defense, law enforcement, corporate welfare, abortion).

If you call yourself a conservative but you think drugs should be legalized or that we should pull out of Iraq or downsize our military, you are probably a libertarian.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are not conservatives. You are confusing the two terms. "Libertarian" = political party. "Conservative" =political idealogy that supports small government in all aspects. However, since the Republican Party has gotton all Christian on us, you are right in saying that true conservatives would probably most closely relate to Libertarians.
Bush, however, is a neo-conservative.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they are.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm new here, but how are you the mod of this forum if you are this clueless?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_conservatism

Conservatism has nothing to do with wanting to take away social spending just to spend it all on defense and prisons.