Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 06:03 AM

Default NL 25 Big draw, call or fold

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $24.70</font>
BB: $25.15
UTG: $21.54
MP: $8.72
CO: $36.56
BTN: $40.01

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Both Players are unknown</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.40, BB folds, UTG calls $1.25, MP folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.69</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $14.00</font>

I konw the preflop call is debatable, I don't really like playing these hands OOP against unknown players.
On the flop I checked with the intention to checkraise any reasonably sized bet all-in. but after that raise the FE is gone. If one of them has a set or the higher flush draw my draw doesn't look that hot anymore.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: NL 25 Big draw, call or fold

Push
Old 05-31-2007, 06:20 AM

i like allin. it is impossible that someone has both better draw and better made hand.
Worst case we are flipping 60/40. In most cases we have at least 50% and if more people will call - even better. as more villains only slighlty reduces our chances of winning and highly increases our win.
I think this hand is a monster and go broke with it.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:33 AM

How can you consider calling this OOP?
Its a gamble hand. Someone probably has a draw or a two pair. Lets gamble [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 AM

No call or fold PUSH!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 AM

sorry I meant push or fold. When I posted this I thought CO already raised All-in
Old 05-31-2007, 06:57 AM

Don't worry too much about A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] being out, only A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes sense for the others to have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or less does not really fit their actions preflop. You are in good shape if you complete your flush.

Add to that any K, T seems very good cards here. 14 outs or thereabout. You could even be up against AA (CO looks very scared of draws as he raised more than the pot) where a Q would be an out if not followed by a T.

Push.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 AM

Push!!!!!!

FWIW I wouldn't be too worried about CO here, he looks scared of that draw and given stacks I think he's trying to take it down on the flop.

What's UTG got? Well it doesn't matter too much as its almost certain if you make your flush your good. I think UTG has a set here a lot of the time but with the odds your being given I love this hand. PUSSSHHHHH
Old 05-31-2007, 07:31 AM

You need to call $14 to win $22. You have $9-18 of implied odds if UTG comes along. You likely have 15 outs to win, and you are ahead of some of CO's range, i.e AQ, AJ, QQ, and TT. Nonetheless, while a call is not terrible here, I would fold. You are barely invested in the pot and a call is likely to be neutral to slightly negative EV assuming villan is not a complete maniac. You might as well save the variance and wait for a better place.

Also, I absolutely disagree with pushing. Most of the value from this hand comes from bringing UTG along and hitting your draw when both opponents are pot committed. You have no fold equity against CO and are losing value by folding out UTG.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 AM

Isn't a 14$ call even more scary for MP than a push? Are there hands with which he calls the 14$ but folds to the push?