Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Obvious Collusion at the Canterbury Club (Long -Cliff Notes at bot

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard of cheating in the game, but have never obviously witnessed it. The term "buddy" is used in the 15 and 30 game by many players. It comes from HSP. I have been called buddy literally hundreds of times @ CP, its just slang. I dont think your evidence is at all conclusive. That game can be tough, the players have played many hours together and many game select and probably roll off each other. Bc, there are no higher games the player pool becomes tight-nit though I dont think to the point of having teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never seen anything that i suspected as collusion in any game at canterbury.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't even know where to begin with this BS, but I will start with this statement....
[ QUOTE ]
HOWEVER, if he hasn't in the past brought up the fact that there is OBVIOUS collusion in that 30-60 game... then he is either involved or has decided not to let anyone know.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are making a very serious accusation here. if you have any evidence, then either bring it or shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Bob. However your tone is a bit on the guilty-defensive side.

He already gave plenty of evidence. Someone 3 betting and then folding to a single bet is HIGHLY suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't recall that hand, but i know the 2 guys he is talking about. i have played a great deal with them both. they are not a team. period.

and being friends with people in the game means nothing. i play HARDER against my friends than anyone else and am CONSTANTLY [censored] with them/putting them in bad spots.

the guy who made this post limped K6s utg in a 9 handed game. he clearly doesn't know much about limit hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

K6, k that's pretty sad for 30/60 LHE
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 AM

lol?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:59 AM

Here I'll say this and just sit back and watch people make fun of you:

I have played ~1200 logged hours in the cp 30/60.

I am friendly with most players and friends with a few.

On average when I play there I know 7.5 of the players at the table.

Not once have I ever suspected collusion or cheating of any kind.

I know who you're referring to, both are laggy and can get out of line often.

Get over yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
C#1 would be under the gun with a hand like KK. He would limp, and C#2 would raise, a few on the table would call, UTG would make it three-bets, and C#2 would fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never, ever seen this happen in this game, ever. If it did I would be pretty upset. I think you're full of s---.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here I'll say this and just sit back and watch people make fun of you:

I have played ~1200 logged hours in the cp 30/60.

I am friendly with most players and friends with a few.

On average when I play there I know 7.5 of the players at the table.

Not once have I ever suspected collusion or cheating of any kind.

I know who you're referring to, both are laggy and can get out of line often.

Get over yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
C#1 would be under the gun with a hand like KK. He would limp, and C#2 would raise, a few on the table would call, UTG would make it three-bets, and C#2 would fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never, ever seen this happen in this game, ever. If it did I would be pretty upset. I think you're full of s---.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a hand in the main game where a tight regular limped utg, someone raised, the collusion accuser 3bet, utg tanked and then called 2 cold. he had KK and was doing some awful acting that we mocked him for after the hand. he did not 4bet preflop. he whiffed a c/r in there at some point. we laughed at him after the hand. this guy accusing of collusion is a moron.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two of the players at the must move tried to pretend as though they didn't know eachother when my brother and I first sat down;

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the game before you got there and when you arrived. They did not "pretend" to do anything. You guys bought in for a total of $1600-$1800. There are multiple fish who buy in for several thousand each in that game frequently. You guys did not present this great opportunity that only comes along once in a great while and so they had to capitalize on it by colluding. Get over yourself.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, right before moving to the main game, I busted one of them out and asked them point blank if "buddy" was a code word for 3 Bet or just a code word for "I have a big hand".

[/ QUOTE ]

who did you bust out? the only people i recall busting from the must-move game were you and your bro.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard of cheating in the game, but have never obviously witnessed it. The term "buddy" is used in the 15 and 30 game by many players. It comes from HSP. I have been called buddy literally hundreds of times @ CP, its just slang. I dont think your evidence is at all conclusive. That game can be tough, the players have played many hours together and many game select and probably roll off each other. Bc, there are no higher games the player pool becomes tight-nit though I dont think to the point of having teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never seen anything that i suspected as collusion in any game at canterbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have, but not by anybody in any game above 8/16. Thats the thing about live collusion, if you are good enough to get away with then you have to be outsmarting the toughest players in the game. Why take this risk if you are simply smarter and can outplay them. I cnat imagine that top players would allow this to go on unchecked.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't even know where to begin with this BS, but I will start with this statement....
[ QUOTE ]
HOWEVER, if he hasn't in the past brought up the fact that there is OBVIOUS collusion in that 30-60 game... then he is either involved or has decided not to let anyone know.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are making a very serious accusation here. if you have any evidence, then either bring it or shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i should point out that if this is true of me, it must then also be true of the other players in that game. so, you are accusing bicyclekick, schneids, worm33, vehn, mitchl and a variety of other well-respected limit players of either (a) turning a blind eye to or (b) being involved in cheating. not smart.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The evidence is in the obvious play of the colluders.

I observed you play for about 7 hours over the past 2 days and I personally don't think you are involved at all. However, I'm suprised you've never even brought up the possibility before.

You play pretty straight up as far as I can tell for that crazy game.

HOWEVER, it's very obvious there are a couple teams that are playing off combined bankrolls.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the two friends that were playing with us today in the short handed game, then moved with us and took a dinner break together are working off the same bankroll, and are making moves against the table on a regular basis. If you don't know who I'm talking about, it's the two buddies that were talking about playing raquetball together.

I think if you sat back and looked at their specific play, you'd see what I'm saying is correct. You know darn well that NO-ONE in that game folds the flop for 1 bet (especially after putting in 4-5 bets preflop).

I'm not some punk-kid / troll with 23 posts. I've been around a LONG time and learned to identify most of the angles / cheaters while playing at the commerce. You ARE getting cheated at that game if you aren't one of the best handing teams that are working the Canturbery club.

Maybe you are such a good player that you are still winning at that game -OR- maybe you have sub-consciously adjusted to the fact that they cheat and are staying out of pots where the best handing teams are cheating... but let me assure you... there ARE colluders at your game.

Personally, I don't really care. I doulbt I'll ever be back out here again. However, I felt an obligation to inform 2+2er's what's going on.