Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: New Satellite Registration System...

How hard is it to sell these "buy in chips" if you wanted to play in and won one of these soft Sats, but didn't plan on playing in any events? (I'm pre-registered & pre-paid for the one event I'm going to be playing in)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost forgot. I know there's lots of monies in Vegas, but do you think these will fill up fast?

"$6320 buy-in for one eight-handed table wins 50,000 in Buy-in Chips + $160 in cash"

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking there might be a bunch of these at the beginning of the Series with guys trying to pay for a whole Series' worth of preliminaries in one fell swoop. I guess as the HORSE event gets closer you'll see a couple of these going then, too.

EDIT: Also, the juice on the $65 (50+15) satellites makes them very unappealing for anyone to try to grind a profit or a tournament stake on them. - Re-Edit - Actually since the winner gets $50 in cash in addition to the $500 lammer it must be 55+10, which is more reasonable for a live STT. Unless my math is wrong.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How hard is it to sell these "buy in chips" if you wanted to play in and won one of these soft Sats, but didn't plan on playing in any events? (I'm pre-registered & pre-paid for the one event I'm going to be playing in)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people had no trouble, but I certainly did. Apparently I look untrustworthy. I had a helluva time trying to unload a $500 lammer for $450.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people had no trouble, but I certainly did. Apparently I look untrustworthy. I had a helluva time trying to unload a $500 lammer for $450.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any issues. Just go near the cage when people are signing up for the that day's tourney and start asking. If it takes you more than 5 minutes, it's pretty unlucky.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 PM

I gave up after a half hour of trying, came back the next day and sold it after about 20 minutes. Thought seriously about trying to get one of the other guys that seemed to be able to sell them in a few minutes to sell it for me.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 AM

me and several friends were all able to sellours within a few min's a friend was even walkn close to the line with two in his hand not even really tryn to sell them and greg raymer sayes"hey buddy you need to sell those" I think the trick is to try right before a tourny is startn and the is a line for sign up another friend of mine just waited for them to call a 500 or 1000 sat and he would run over and sell them there. I wouldn't sell them for less than $500 if someone offers you less just wait to get full value from someone else
Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 PM

I assume that the low and mid stakes NLHE sats will fill up fast. The higher stakes ones and the PLHE, FLHE, and Omaha ones may not fill up so fast.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that you should always get full value. I have never had a problem when you wait until an event is about to start. Aproach the line, ask "Is there anyone using cash to buy in?" (or ask individuals if you want to be more discreet). Don't give some long story about the chips, just ask if they would buy the tournament chip from you and if they ask "How much", tell them "it's player courtesy, you are buying in anyway" Bam!! you get $500. If not keep trying, this is my less than 5 minute never failed approach.

Good Luck!!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that you should always get full value. I have never had a problem when you wait until an event is about to start. Aproach the line, ask "Is there anyone using cash to buy in?" (or ask individuals if you want to be more discreet). Don't give some long story about the chips, just ask if they would buy the tournament chip from you and if they ask "How much", tell them "it's player courtesy, you are buying in anyway" Bam!! you get $500. If not keep trying, this is my less than 5 minute never failed approach.

Good Luck!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Airport security in Vegas sometimes pulls me out of the line for the "special" line, which is fine with me because it's much shorter. I joked with the TSA guy about re-growing my beard to look scarier and get the special treatment every time. The guy said "You don't need the beard. Trust me."