Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Default FTP Iron Man Medals Vs Rakeback?

I am wondering how participating in the FTP Iron man medal bonuses will affect my MGR and specifically the rakeback?

Is it a negligable hit? Has anyone done a credible calculation? I am not sure whether or not to participate. If so which option are people using (I believe there are two).

Regards,
Greg
Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: FTP Iron Man Medals Vs Rakeback?

if the medals are used as points, ftpdoug said it will not hit the MGR directly. However, when those points are used for purchases, it will be deducted from the MGR like with all purchases in the store...

if used for the cash bonus, the bonus will deducted in full from the MGR...

don't think there's anything for the token directly, but if there's overlay, that'll get deducted...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the medals are used as points, ftpdoug said it will not hit the MGR directly. However, when those points are used for purchases, it will be deducted from the MGR like with all purchases in the store...

don't think there's anything for the token directly, but if there's overlay, that'll get deducted...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, so it sounds like my Rake back will be totally unaffected if I decide to participate and then don't use the tokens? I am not sure that I am getting much out of it by using it but if it cant hurt than I will give it a shot. I mostly play cash games so the tourney's dont appeal to me.

The points might be nice though. I am assuming that if I buy points the mgr hit comes when I buy something from the store. I understand the mgr hit with the bonuses. That is standard for any bonus.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 05-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Yes you take no hit getting the medals thats why they set it up. Make sure you change to the medals from the freeroll THE FREEROLLS DO HIT YOUR MGR.

If you dont like the idea of buying stuff save for a bonus. Y would take a mgr hit but would earn more money as you play.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my RB affiliate ask FTP about Iron Man medals counting against MGR and this is the answer they gave her:

" That does not take away from mgr. Only if they buy points, and then use
the full tilt points for stuff."

It'd be pretty lame if they deducted MGR from use of a $26 token if there was an overlay (it looks like the typical fields for the guaranteed tourneys that $26 tokens can be used are huge, so this is probably moot). From my affiliate's answer, it sounds like the tokens are as good as buying in for cash (you can win $26 and other value tokens in low buy-in SNG's also, right?) and I certainly HOPE they don't deduct MGR from tourneys where there's an overlay if you bought in for cash. I haven't gotten anything from the Iron Man store so I have no experince with it, though.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 PM

ok, so the MOST +EV thing to do is get the medals, and exchange them for bonus money? this trumps even rakeback?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM

^^it'll take a while to save up for some of the bonus money prizes and obviously that bonus money gets deducted in full from ur MGR (if u get rakeback)...either way, from a purely monetary value (like u don't care about the stuff in the store ), it's best to save up for money bonus...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM

are the money bonuses just cash..of do you have to clear the money like regular bonii?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 PM

^^i believe ftpdoug said u had to clear the bonus as well, like the regular one...