Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that >90% of the regulars here are long term winning players (e.g., >10%roi / >1k
Yes 14 34.15%
No 27 65.85%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: How many of you belive in alien beings

[ QUOTE ]
How does this troll get so much action on these forums?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's like an addiction, you know you should stop, but you just...can't...resist.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 PM

post deleted by RoundGuy
Old 05-30-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post deleted by RoundGuy

[/ QUOTE ]

...what?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
post deleted by RoundGuy

[/ QUOTE ]

...what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what does my supposed narcissism have to do with my encounter with aliens?

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't it the aliens who made you the greatest human mind (or at least the single greatest poker player) on the planet today?

[/ QUOTE ]all joking aside yes i think they are a big part if not the whole part of my poker abillitys

[/ QUOTE ]
So then, logically, wouldn't you also agree that this alien encounter is also a big part, if not the whole part, of your narcissism as well?

[/ QUOTE ] i dont actualy have narcissism thats just what the "prfessional" pyschiotrist diognonsed me with....but in reallity i actullay am beter then everyone and smarter then everyone...thats the diffrence beetween me and them they just think they are great but i actually am....so with that said ur question is meaningless

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you admit that if you are in fact a narcissist then you would have no way of knowing whether you actually are better than everyone or not?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 PM

ya i admit thats true if i was if being the key word
Old 05-30-2007, 08:22 PM

Nick, if you are sincere, you may be aware that many people in the Hot Springs area of Arkansas, to the south of your experience, have reported close encounters or abductions or both since at least the early 1980s. Maybe before. No reason they can't fly around and go a little farther north into Missouri from time to time, I guess.

You can go two roads with this -- get involved with a support group for abductees, who will understand your experience but who may also stimulate hysteria and additional "memories," or just try to go on and let it be a quiet mystery in your life. For the record, I don't personally believe that these beings are from other planets or that they serve a positive purpose. I don't think you need to feel grateful to beings who play with your mind and claim to be from outer space. There are a couple of old books by John Keel, The Mothman Prophecies and Operation: Trojan Horse, which might give you something to think about. If you were an infinitely wise Space Brother who could fly around the galaxy, would you use that power to give Whitley Streiber anal inspections and VegasNick awesome poker skills? Somehow I think you would find better things to do with your time unless you were some kind of mad sadist.

Obviously just my opinion. Even though I think something is happening which is probably "real," it might be more useful to follow the other advice and dismiss your own experience as a dream. Memory is fragile, and you may as well twist it around into something that supports you instead of something that disempowers you. I had a dream that I was special and I worked to make it come true is a more empowering belief than the Space Brothers made me and they can come into my home and my body any time and unmake me.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vhawk....seeing a alien ship hovering above ur camps lake after seeing mysterious lights 2 nights prior isnt some big wrap of memory or what have you.....im trying to say there is no way that my memory of this incident is deludid in any way...it was as real and up close to ur face as something can get

[/ QUOTE ]
The question is how do you know it isnt a delusion? Consider for the moment the hypothetical case where you were suffering from a delusional memory. How could you tell the difference between that false memory and the one you actually have?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 PM

False memory syndrome is a recognised psychological phenomenom that is more common than you might assume. There are lots of studies illustrating this with very strong and conclusive evidence. This is a good explanation for your encounter.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
False memory syndrome is a recognised psychological phenomenom that is more common than you might assume. There are lots of studies illustrating this with very strong and conclusive evidence. This is a good explanation for your encounter.

[/ QUOTE ]

it can't be a false memory because superintelligent people have reliable memories. nick knows he is superintelligent because when he looks at other people he can see that they are much less intelligent. he is qualified to judge the intelligence of others against his own because he is superintelligent.

QED