Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Sick Cooler

[ QUOTE ]
Andrew, Andrew, Andrew

Andrew...

What exactly are you thinking here? Are you saying that I should make a stadard river bet? Well, that makes perfect sense. I mean, if I bet out $30 there, potish, he is going to raise me all-in. So now I'm looking at QUADS, being re-raised, and you are not only telling me that I should fold on the off-chance he has quads nines, but that you would fold quads there also?

Awesome man. I didn't realize I was talking with the absolute best players in the world... players who can fold quads because they suspect someone has higher quads in hold'em. Awesome. Maybe I can learn a thing or two from you.

[/ QUOTE ]
why dont you just leave? Is there some waiting list of morons? When there arent enough morons in BBV, they allow a new one?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:29 PM

Jimmy you can definetly find a fold somewhere on the turn or the river but I guess that is why you are playing only 100 dollar no limits.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Hmmm... funny you are implying that I ever said this was a bad beat. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I even titled the post "Sick Cooler". Because thats what it is, a COOLER. It was completely unavoidable, and if you are saying that I should check-call the river with QUADS, you are pretty much as stupid as most other people around here. If I'm checking, its with the intention to check-raise... because thats what you do with quads... you try to get the most money out of your opponent as possible. How can you not recognize that it was just unfortunate for me to run into higher quads? Thats all I was ever trying to say with this post. Is the title of this forum NOT "Beats, Brags, and Variance?"

You guys think you are so smart and could have played that hand better. Thats just unreal. When are sitting on the river with quads, all you are thinking about is "how can I get all his money to the middle?" Its pathetic that ANY of you think you could have lost less on the off chance he is holding higher quads. What a joke. I am MORE than happy to give him $100 bucks there if he is blessed enough to have exactly 9-9, the only unlikely hand that beats me. I'm content with how I played it, and I'll play it that way again everytime it comes up. And if everytime it comes up I am beat, then so be it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't be so petty about the real winners in this game having their own table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Real winners have their own avatars.

And not to pile on, but sometimes you gotta go with your read. If you had bet less on the river, you would have some room to fold. I can tell you haven't been playing very long, and are still learning how to play, but don't get discouraged. Maybe you should cut down on the number of tables and stop playing autopilot, then you could make the proper lay-downs. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 PM

Yet another obv awful player saying that I should be folding quads on the river. At this point, its just funny. At first I was a little upset at what I was hearing in response to this hand, now I see that you are all basically just a bunch of retards who claim that you would be able to fold QUADS in hold'em. I apologize to those of you who are not comepletely ignorant to the situation.

In retrospect, knowing he had quads, of course I check-fold. And it looks easy because you can see the hand and the final results and I must look like an idiot. But when YOU are sitting there w/quads I guarantee you are looking to move all your money to the middle, as fast as possible too.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya, w/o a doubt these guys are morons... obviously so rude and insensative because they are unhappy with their own shortcomings in poker. I especially like the guy who said that quads wasnt enough in that hand, that I needed bigger quads to be good there. what an idiot. if you make quads in hold'em and LOSE the hand, its about as unlucky as you can be in poker. get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you never heard of top set mining, looks like you're the one who needs to get a clue, retard.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 PM

OH NOES---FOLD!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, knowing he had quads, of course I check-fold. And it looks easy because you can see the hand and the final results and I must look like an idiot. But when YOU are sitting there w/quads I guarantee you are looking to move all your money to the middle, as fast as possible too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So . . . he won the hand, he's better, and you lost so you played it bad.

That's really the point here, right? The game is about making money, not making quads.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:47 PM

The problem with your analysis is that you don't even think about what your opponent has. After your opponent's preflop raise and then check on the flop, you know he has to have a set. It is FULL RING, afterall. There was no flush draw on the flop or turn, either. The only hands he could have are quad 9s or Kings full, based on the pf/flop/turn action. You can't just jam all your chips into the pot OMG I HAVE QUADS THEY ARE UNBEATABLE. You have to think about your opponent's possible hands. It was obvious you were beat on the turn, and you should have exercised pot control on the river.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game is about making money, not making quads.

[/ QUOTE ]
This pretty much sums it up. You need to realize this before you reach the next level. Until then, you will just be treading water in the fishtank.