Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: NLTRN: lowlimit study group, anyone interested?

Sounds good. But what do you do in the group? Just exchange HHs once in a while. I havn't done this before, so some info would be great.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 PM

well, thats what people could decide individually. If we are not a group per se, but just the community that we are now which occasionally "refers" partners, people would be free in what they want to do.

e.g if I write something like "Im very eager to improve since I have to make a living... I play the 11s advancing to the 22s ... have lots and lots of time"

somebody who feels the same could just meet me in AIM and we discuss about what we want to do. I would happily spend lots of time on AIM just discussing general theory as well as review several tournies a day.

Whereas people who have less time or only play HUsngs occasionally could pick somebody who feels the same. Those could then just say something like "One tourny per day each".
Old 05-30-2007, 12:34 PM

erhmmm... this is my first post.

I'm new at the 2 + 2 forums. And i was wondering if I could sign up too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'm really into the HU myself aswell.

play mostly the $23 turbo at Stars lately.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Ok, my playing record:

I've played about 500 matches in the $21-$34.50 range. I think my true winrate is between 58%-60%. I played the $34.50s for a while but have very recently dropped down to $23s due to a bad stretch.

I don't play because I have to for income, I just have time to kill and this is a good way to try and make money doing it.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:14 PM

I'm very interested as well. Here's my resume:

I play mostly $20 on FT. I've tried as high as $50, but get pretty much mauled at $30 and higher. (I don't know why there would be a big difference between $20 and $30, but there does seem to be)

I have a decent winrate at the $20s (somewhere around 58% I think), but go through *HUGE* downswings at times, periods where I don't really feel like I'm playing poorly, but obviously I am, and just don't have a good handle on what I'm doing wrong at those times.

If you want to see just how bad I swing, and maybe get a good laugh, take a look at my sharkscope graph, T28333. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM

ait, I feel like people approve of the general idea. Post anything you want to talk about here and Ill put them on a seperate page later.

so we can have a good overview

i guess ill actually make some sort of website the next time im bored.

edit: oh yah, I called our studygroup 1 + 1 ^^
Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Why not create a proboards forum just for this purpose? Hide the forums to registered members only I.E. People in the study group. It's quick, simple and would be the best plan, give everyone the link and it's set. That way folks can come and go as they please leaving any info, tips or HH's they want.

Just my two cents.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:47 PM

I've played about 1k HU matches total. 500+ at the regulars and now up to about 400 at turbos. I'm playing 55s on stars but I've only played about 20 of them, so I don't really have a winrate for those yet. My last sample would be the 33s in which I was 67% over close to 200 games.

The reason I play is to eventually make good supplemental income. I also enjoy shortstacking full ring games when I'm too drunk/tired to play my normal HU limits and I do not want to play lower limits.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not create a proboards forum just for this purpose? Hide the forums to registered members only I.E. People in the study group. It's quick, simple and would be the best plan, give everyone the link and it's set. That way folks can come and go as they please leaving any info, tips or HH's they want.

Just my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can do that additionally, sure.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can do that additionally, sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we will get many people to sign up for a new board, just look at the small group of people we are. But I might be wrong [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]