Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 AM

Default 10/20 AQs in BB, all streets questionable?

10/20 online 5 handed, 2k effective stacks.

player who seems decent but nothing special limps in CO, I've not played with him much but he has taggy stats. not seen him playing this high before, 3 months ago he was playing 2/4 on this site. BTN (who is good) folds.
now it comes to the SB, who again I've not played with before but is about 70/40 over 50 hands and the reason I'm in the game. This is my first hand at the table so have no history/particular reads on him except that he is pretty crazy and likes to splash around. He raises it up to $100. I think he could have pretty much any two here. generally I'm obv gonna be 3betting AQs in this spot, however against this player at the time it felt that by hiding the strength of my hand I'm much more likely to stack him if I hit anything, and it will also make the pot easier to play when I miss by keeping it smaller preflop. and I have position on him. am I passing up too much preflop here by not raising, and also letting the CO in for cheap with SC's/small-medium pairs which I figure is his most likely hand?

Preflop (Hero is delt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
CO(tag) limps, SB(crazy) raises to $100, hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $300)
Crazy bets $150, hero calls, TAG folds

I'd expect him to fire at the pot with any two, so can't narrow his hand range down to anything. I call, planning to try to take the pot away on the turn as I think this has more FE than raising the flop. am not too worried about CO here - can't see him overcalling with a medium strength hand, if he has a set then so be it, if he has a draw (oesd/flush) there's a good chance he raises it up thinking we're both weak and the money goes in on the flop and I'm happy with it.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $600)
Crazy checks, Hero bets $500, Crazy raises to $1000, Hero pushes $1750

the min c/r felt like he could be trying to steal the pot and at the same time putting in as little $ as possible to do it, if he thinks I have a hand like KQ/AJ he probably thinks I am planning on calling him down but can't face the c/r (thats my reasoning behind his move anyway).
I figure flushdraw/oesd is pretty unlikely, as he would would either bet out again or push these after my bet not min raise. I think he would lead with a 2pr/set (hoping to be called down by KQ). so at the time I felt his most likely range was medium pair/weak K/any J with the smaller possibility of 2pr+ or complete air. so I thought against that range, my 3bet all in after the flop call has gotta be looking pretty strong to him and should have him folding 88, and if he does call I've still got the hearts/T to hit for the nuts as well as possible A/Q outs.

this is a player who seems to be crazy and 'tricky' but tricky in the sense 'a bad player trying to be tricky and making really bad moves', not 'good handreading and thinking lag trying to be tricky' which was my main reasoning behind thinking if he had a good hand he would have lead the turn again, and his min c/r means he is actually pretty weak and just wants to try and take the pot.

thoughts? all 3 streets are pretty debateable, and I've had the most thoughts about PF - in comparision the flop/turn seem moderately standard to me.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AQs in BB, all streets questionable?

I always 3 bet here
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AQs in BB, all streets questionable?

I always 3 bet with AQ s here