Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Default 88 vs Super aggressive player

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $10.80
BB: $24.00
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $26.05</font>
BTN: $39.10

Reads: BB has been extremely aggressive in his betting and has pushed more than a few people out of pots already including a couple against me. However he seems to be playing pf intelligently and not calling with bad cards.

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($8.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.25</font>, Hero??

Would like feedback on my action here. I'll do the later actions and my thoughts if there's enough intrest.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: 88 vs Super aggressive player

Extremely aggro for how long?

Eh, check behind turn and call almost any river bet.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 PM

He's only just sat down at the table, played maybe 20 or so hands. He's played in 6 or so big pots already, and he origionally bought in with 10. He 3bets alot and seems to have no problem pushing.

The two hands we've seen so far at showdown are a turned flush and trip kings with a Q kicker that he slowplayed to the river and got no value on at all.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's only just sat down at the table, played maybe 20 or so hands. He's played in 6 or so big pots already, and he origionally bought in with 10. He 3bets alot and seems to have no problem pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]So he's about to go broke any minute now. I like to check the turn and let them give me money on the river since this person is betting 100% of the time. Then I hope to pick up a big hand before he goes broke. These players don't last long.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:04 AM

id raise alittle more on flop, and not a bad spot 2 fire 2nd barrel but your $3 is WEAK!! id bet closer to 6-7...after he raises we dont beat much so id let it go