Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: 50nl - 3bet KK, get cold called by sb

That's not a bad flop. I assume he would re-raise with Aces. Why do you think he only calls with AA/QQ preflop with $90 behind? He's getting a reasonable price for set value and AK, and less likely but still some percentage he's got a suited connector of some kind.

So, bet the flop. If he moves over the top for a lot you can release.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 PM

He might also call with weaker hands on the flop because he thinks youre bluffing with a cbet.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, I just played a hand against a 20/15/2 guy and he raised from the BTN. I 3-betted him at the BB with the triple amount and our stacks were 100BB .. He called with 85s and called a 3/4 bet at a J83 board ..

I dont know but stats seem to not say anything at this limit

there ar ejust so much abd players out there that I would always stack off in that hand. another thing is that he coldcalled you with another guy to act behind I wouldnt give him the credit to do that with aces

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean and I've seen plenty of people with good stats stack off with ridiculous hands. But I hardly ever see a tight player cold call a 3bet oop with garbage. It's always a huge hand. Also, if the flop was something like T72 or JJ4, then I would bet the flop/stack off 100% of the time. Idk, just a strange hand.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:35 PM

On the {QcTs2h} flop:

Villain: 42.406% { TT+, AQs+, AQo+ }
Hero: 57.594% { KK }

...or if you must...

Villain: 52.159% { TT+, AKs, AKo }
Hero: 47.841% { KK }

And I think this villain re-pops AA a lot of the time here preflop.

I bet flop for value, for protection and because I like to make a standard cbet as the pf 3bettor. At the table I wouldn't know my equity was as good as stove suggests, so I might well fold if he pushes, but I think that would be wrong.

As played, beware the speech and fold river.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 PM

you gotta bet this flop it changes the entire hand making everything evey decision easier.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 PM

Nice hand.
However, if you think he's ONLY coldcalling QQ+ here then obv fold turn. I think this read is a mistake, however... even tight players are calling lots of mid pairs and AK. 88+ AK is probably more realistic, these donks love to setmine/float.

Depending on villain's fold to cbet %, I like the check behind. If he's not the type to get tricky and float 99/JJ in a big pot, then the check behind is optimal. If he's a floater I like a bet flop/check turn line better.

As played the river looks like a fold, I don't see him doing this with anything you beat.

To those advocating a flop bet:
What value are you seeing in the flop bet? Making a hand "easier" to play has no value; if he raises hands that beat us and folds hands we beat then we obv make the hand much easier to play, but that doesn't mean it's a good line to take.

Against a straightforward/slightly nitty TAG, checking the flop is a powerful move because it underrepresents our hand. Nitty villains aren't going to stack off with AQ here unless we have a crazy table image. Instead, we gain more longterm value when we're ahead by playing deceptively here; we also prevent ourselves from losing less.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 PM

By betting the flop we get value from worse hands like AQ, JJ. We can also fold this flop if we are c/r or check the turn for pot control if called.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Against a straightforward/slightly nitty TAG, checking the flop is a powerful move because it underrepresents our hand. Nitty villains aren't going to stack off with AQ here unless we have a crazy table image. Instead, we gain more longterm value when we're ahead by playing deceptively here; we also prevent ourselves from losing less.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you want to get value out of a hand if you first represent your hand weaker than it is and then fold if the action gets big?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:47 PM

I don't see how checking the flop is going to suddenly make a nitty villain want to stack off with AQ. Surely if villain is folding AQ here on the flop to a reasonable cbet we ought to be cbetting him on every single 3bet pot.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM

If I would play that pot and see someone who does not c-bet this flop I would get suspicious and play even more carefully