Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Calling all Dirty Electro House / Tech House / Ed Banger fans!

Oh yeah, quick update..

My first mix can be found at:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/01-scott...ashup-mp3.html
Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 PM

Scott,

Awesome mix. I've listened to this almost as often as I've been at my computer in the last few weeks.

The mix makes me want to check out more of this style, but I don't know where to start. Do these artists make "albums" in the standard (rock) sense, or do they mostly just release singles? Can you recommend some good things to buy first?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:40 PM

Hi, alot of these tracks are usually remixes of Indie tracks.

Most of the newer Indie stuff released in the UK anyway gets the remix treatment if they're expected to become big, so thats what i usually look out for. The remixes are usually better than the originals in my opinion anyway, but are definately worth looking at.

Alot of the stuff is coming out of the New Rave explosion in the UK, basically indie mixed with a bit of synth/electroey sounding stuff- the most notable Indie band remixed at the minute is probably the Klaxons, there album is really good:

http://www.myspace.com/klaxons

Most remixed songs probably atlantis to interzone and gravitys rainbow, although they are all getting the treatment at the minute.

Another notable band is probably CSS, they too are a 'famous' new rave band out at the minute, along with the Gossip.

http://www.myspace.com/canseidesersexy

Alot of the sort of remixed stuff im liking at the minute comes from people like Switch, Erol Alkan, SabastiAn, and many others- the french electro house stuff at the minute is huge so basically just have a root through some of their myspace pages and have a look at what music theyre listening to.

I would say have a look at rock/indie/electro type bands, i mean alot of them are awesome but as with most of the newer bands the first albums usually have a few great tracks and the rest are a bit flat.

Oh and to update: this mix caught they eye of the promoter from a local electro night Sex with robots, so watch this space!

Scott.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM

Taking a listen now but I'm only on the first 3 songs. Seems just like a basic blending of remixes right? Done live or on ProTools/Audition? I'm assuming the later.

Still, not bad and good song selection. Some of the song blends were a bit noticeable and a good electronica mix makes that seemless IMO. Not to say they were offbeat or anything, just a bit abrupt instead of more subtle. That works for certain electronic genres like hard house, but not here I don't think.

For 7 years I was a DJ for a ton of nightclubs and the #1 radio station in market 4 and did a lot of production work at the time as well. I may make a mix as well just for fun because this made me remember how much fun I use to have doing it all. It'd be done on ProTools though as I don't have my tables in Argentina; also, I can make ProTools sing so it'd end up better that way anyways [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, thanks for sharing, keep it up!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Great, now my coworkers can think i am on E
Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 PM

I just saw this thread earlier today and just wanted to thank you for the mix.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw this thread earlier today and just wanted to thank you for the mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. thanks for the feedback so far, i agree with the comment about the abruptedness of some of the mixing.

Im defiantely going to work on it, but find this style of music is not so much about smoothtransitions, but just decent drops.

The next mix im gonna do, like this one will be done on ableton live 6, and ill post an update as soon as ive done it.

Scott.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM

I've been listing to this mix a lot since I downloaded it. Just noticed this thread was bumped, so I thought I'd show my appreciation.