Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: US PokerBowl Team...its very baller

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the FAQ:

As long as everybody is allowed to cheat, I think it sounds like fun! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the point of making players think up crazy ways of passing information? Seems like it will just slow the game down while players do a zillion chip tricks, scratch various body parts, layout their cards, blink, and so on. Having to memorize a half dozen schemes seems like a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good point! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the FAQ:

As long as everybody is allowed to cheat, I think it sounds like fun! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the point of making players think up crazy ways of passing information? Seems like it will just slow the game down while players do a zillion chip tricks, scratch various body parts, layout their cards, blink, and so on. Having to memorize a half dozen schemes seems like a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To prevent other teams from gaining info maybe.
Also I agree with curtains that the structure seems overly complicated.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the FAQ:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be great Training for Men the Master's gang, and any other aspiring dirty crews out there.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the FAQ:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To prevent other teams from gaining info maybe.
Also I agree with curtains that the structure seems overly complicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't the players just talk for 30s after the cards are delt? The only advantage of requiring this obtuse signalling mechanism is the off chance some one can break your code. Given the tools at the players disposal, if your code is broken, your an idiot. Betweening mixing together chip tricks, card placement, body motions, and so on there are an infinite number of ways to encode your hand value. Switch between them every x hands and it is going to be very hard to break. Sitting there watching some one riffle his chips 4 times, do 1 knuckle roll, 2 chip rolls, peak at his hole cards five times, adjust his glasses 4 times, scratch his nose once is going to really suck. And then when your partner gives you the sign that he didn't get the info, you have to rinse and repeat.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't the players just talk for 30s after the cards are delt? The only advantage of requiring this obtuse signalling mechanism is the off chance some one can break your code. Given the tools at the players disposal, if your code is broken, your an idiot. Betweening mixing together chip tricks, card placement, body motions, and so on there are an infinite number of ways to encode your hand value. Switch between them every x hands and it is going to be very hard to break. Sitting there watching some one riffle his chips 4 times, do 1 knuckle roll, 2 chip rolls, peak at his hole cards five times, adjust his glasses 4 times, scratch his nose once is going to really suck. And then when your partner gives you the sign that he didn't get the info, you have to rinse and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone have actually invented a device that can remove the boring parts of ANY recording... Isn't that just insane?!?

Besides I bet it is going to be fun for the viewers to watch. They have a unique opportunity of trying to "decode" the gestures from the players.

I would definitely watch that show.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any amount up to a mil, will prob accept higher wagers, ill have to discuss with team. i dont need to be careful we got skillz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM

All,

Make other plans for 2010, cause I'm def winning this.