Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Bruce Lee vs. any PFC fighter, who would win?

he couldn't beat a lightweight MMA fighter.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Bruce Lee vs. any PFC fighter, who would win?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Royce Gracie used to wreck people who outweighed him by 50+pounds

[/ QUOTE ]
Royce is actually the perfect example why Bruce Lee doesn't have a chance. The convo in this thread is almost identical to what went on before the Royce / Matt Hughes fight where people were supporting Royce based on what he has done in the past... of course, he got totally obliterated in the actual fight.

MMA has changed so much in the past 10-15 years. It's completely refined now. Bruce Lee may have been ahead of his time in terms of developing a hybrid martial art, but he is waay behind our time.

One inch punch? What a joke. Not saying it's not impressive but how is this effective in a real fight? I'll take Bruce Lee on top of me "one inch punch"ing me in the face over an MMA fighter on top of me dropping elbows anyday. The one inch punch is only good for one thing ... breaking out of coffins.

Also I think people watch too many movies. Some of the comments about Kung Fu masters and stuff. Laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Lee's version of the inch punch. You wouldn't be able to take even one in the face no matter big you are. And being able to generate great power without needing a wind-up is enormously helpful in a fight, for reasons that should be obvious.

Lee did note that it's not the ideal weapon all of the time, of course. None is.

You seem to have missed some of the point of the rest of this thread.