Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Default KK line check

villain is 58/3/.71 after 130 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($21.45)
Hero ($82.90)
BB ($33.95)
UTG ($48.70)
MP ($56)
CO ($58.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $4.25.

Turn: ($18) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $44
Old 05-29-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: KK line check

His aggression scares the piss out of me...but this is fine I guess
Old 05-29-2007, 02:39 PM

I'd like this alot more with the Kc.

As played I'd call the turn bet with the intention of calling the river if another club doesn't come out.

I really don't like the turn c/r. The only hands calling you are the flushes or possibly the Kc/Ac flush draw if he's loose enough. And you're risking alot to find out if he has it. Which in this case I think he probably does.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM

Villain is short....
Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like this alot more with the Kc.

As played I'd call the turn bet with the intention of calling the river if another club doesn't come out.

I really don't like the turn c/r. The only hands calling you are the flushes or possibly the Kc/Ac flush draw if he's loose enough. And you're risking alot to find out if he has it. Which in this case I think he probably does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the call on the flop 1) because of his aggression factor and 2) you're improving your equity when you get it in on a safe turn card in case your up against a pair and a flush draw kind of hand on the flop.

The way the hand played out is great, but I'm definitely leading for $12ish on this turn card to set a bad price, prepared to call a shove. This kind of turn line might be a leak? Thoughts?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 PM

I don't like your line against this particular opponent. He's not aggressive enough, and you can't rely on him to bet the turn. I would either 3-bet the flop or call and lead the turn. It's probably best to 3-bet flop since another club likely kills your action or puts you behind.

Against a TAG or more aggressive villain, your line is standard.

Also, bet full pot on the flop.

-Andrew
Old 05-29-2007, 02:53 PM

I wouldnt mind this move if the board only had two clubs.

But in this spot the move is very marginal I think. I'm actually not sure if this shove is for value or bluff. I mean you're gonna get called by a couple of hands that have you absolutely killed and a couple of hands where you're decent favorite. Sometimes he might fold since this could be a semibluff with the A or K of clubs with no pair. I think hes rarely on complete air.

Why not just call the turn and see what he does on the river. If he has like AcTx and he misses the river then he'll probably take the free showdown. If he fires on the river again you can get away from your hand.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:55 PM

i dont think you are ahead... flopped flush seems likely or set...
Old 05-29-2007, 02:56 PM

damn I failed to see that villian was short. In that case I fold. His raises are way too suspicious looking. He is pricing you in too calling a river shove so this is obviously a flush IMO or a set maybe.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why not just call the turn and see what he does on the river. If he has like AcTx and he misses the river then he'll probably take the free showdown. If he fires on the river again you can get away from your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad advice.

If hero c/c turn and villain bets the river, hero is not folding for $16 more in a $52 pot. The whole purpose of getting the monies in before the river is so villain DOES NOT have a chance to get away from a hand like AcTx.

-Andrew