Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Playing monotone board in .25/.50 against loose villains

How should you play a monotone board like this?

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

The game and reads:
Villain_1 sees about 50% of the flops, Villain_2 "only" 40%. Neither opponent is very aggressive. The feeling in the table has been warm, everybody wants to put money to the pot

Preflop:
Dealt to Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2(Villain_2) calls, MP1(Villain_1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB (Hero) checks

Flop: (7.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero checks</font>, Villain_1 bets, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villain_2 folds

Turn: (3.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain_1 calls.

River: (5.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain_1 calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB
Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Playing monotone board in .25/.50 against loose villains

Did you type this by hand or something? I don't see how on earth the pot is 7.40 SB on the flop unless it was raised, in which case fold preflop.

Anyway I hate your flop raise, classic reverse implied odds against unknowns and "I'm drawing to 4 outs" against the opponents described. As played turn and river bets are mandatory.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 AM

no real idea whats going on in this hand but you should almost certainly be check/folding that flop... nice suckout tho
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you type this by hand or something? I don't see how on earth the pot is 7.40 SB on the flop unless it was raised, in which case fold preflop.

Anyway I hate your flop raise, classic reverse implied odds against unknowns and "I'm drawing to 4 outs" against the opponents described. As played turn and river bets are mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited by hand. The FTR's hand converter first produced a quite interesting result. Certainly not 7.40 for the pot.

My thinking on the flop was to find out now what they have, and fold to reraise. I was thinking that my chances to be ahead are about 50%, because the opponents showed they play anything, not just aces. Also thought someone might fold an ace.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no real idea whats going on in this hand but you should almost certainly be check/folding that flop... nice suckout tho

[/ QUOTE ]

What if hero had had the top pair (instead of the villain,he had A3). Would you bet that flop? Or just check/fold in most any case when there is monotone flop and own hole cards do not have that colour?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking on the flop was to find out now what they have, and fold to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

3.5SB - rake isn't enough for me to care where a pair of sixes is at on this flop, nevermind the other inherent problems with information bets.

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking that my chances to be ahead are about 50%, because the opponents showed they play anything, not just aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just stoved it and you have about 36% equity against random cards. Now throw in that your opponents are not playing random hands (it may not seem like it but almost everyone has some kind of standards) and that there are probably over a dozen turns that ruin you AND you probably don't know what they are, and again I don't care about a 3.5SB pot.

[ QUOTE ]
What if hero had had the top pair (instead of the villain,he had A3). Would you bet that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Top pair and middle pair 6's are completely different hands.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Thanks! Good point about not getting fancy with small pots.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks! Good point about not getting fancy with small pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about money not pots. Let the p1ddly ones go where it's an obvious minefield as this one was.