Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:22 AM

Default absolute poker.. missing 750 dollars

So, up until recently, I had used my debit card to deposit onto absolute, and had no problems whatsoever. Well, on may 15th, I attempted to use it to take advantage of the reload bonus. I deposit 750 dollars... but this time, it says declined. I get an email from absolute saying my transaction was declined, try one of our alternate methods blah blah blah, and so I use moneygram and think nothing of it.
Well, a week or so goes by, and I get a call from my bank saying they suspected fraud on my account... and then an automated teller proceeded to ask me if I had authorized a 750 dollar transaction to singapore. Well, I did... so i said yes.
Well, a couple days later, I look at my bank account, and now the 750 dollar transaction to singapore has gone through and been deducted from my account. But, the money is not in my poker account.

I emailed the absolute cashier department and they replied saying that they had forwarded my case to the payments department and said, if I would like, I could personally email the payments department... so I sent an email to them 4 days ago or so.
I have yet to receive a reply...

what should my plan of action be?
what should I expect to happen?
Does anybody have any experience like this that they can share with me?

thank you so much for any help you can give me

-Lane McBride
Old 05-29-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: absolute poker.. missing 750 dollars

Contact your bank and say you did not authorize the transaction. It's not like they have a record of you saying you did. Regardless you bought something, did not get the goods. You can dispute it. By law they have to give you provisional credit while they investigate. Since the investigation will show you did not get what you paid for, you win.

End of story
Old 05-29-2007, 02:40 AM

Yep this is definitely grounds to initiate a chargeback if AP don't credit your account very soon. Insist on it and don't take no for an answer.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 AM

God damn you idiots can give bad advice. This is a typical problem that you [censored] want to make worse. Because your bank suspected fraud with the giant red flag of Singapore they held the charge for verification. This means the site got a DENIED response immediately. Once you ok'd it, they sent it through. You've now notified them and they told you it's going to the right department. How about you start a thread and these donkeys can talk out of their ass after they actually do something wrong?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God damn you idiots can give bad advice. This is a typical problem that you [censored] want to make worse. Because your bank suspected fraud with the giant red flag of Singapore they held the charge for verification. This means the site got a DENIED response immediately. Once you ok'd it, they sent it through. You've now notified them and they told you it's going to the right department. How about you start a thread and these donkeys can talk out of their ass after they actually do something wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

No bank will first debit the funds, then decline to the site and then confirm with you.

It can be either declined pending a call to verify (no debit), or allowed (money debited, follow-up call).

I would wait 7 business days for the charge to fall off your account and credited back.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Yes they will, happened to me more than once. It's not a debit, it's a pre-authorization for the amount to make sure it's on the card.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM

stocktrader is right. OP never said $750 magically disappeared right away from his account either. The authorization hold happens on every transaction you make with your debit card. Whether your bank shows you this or not doesn't mean it isn't happening. Once OP confirmed it was a legit transaction the funds will go through now and Absolute will confirm this in a couple days and credit his account.

-Brendan