Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Russian Roulette (sort of)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 because you can refuse to pull the trigger. What can they do if you don’t pull the trigger, kill you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you kill one of them if you're in seat 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a killer(!) practical joke for testing your co-workers integrity at corporation christmas party.

You need 5 people that are in this 'gag' and a victim, drunk as hell of course, who is promised 10 million dollars for entering the game. Everyone else except the victim knows that the gun is fixed and doesn't really have a bullet in it. Volunteers are willing to sit on seats 1-5 and the victim (literally yeah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) is seated sixth.

Gun doesn't fire on the fifth player and player number 6, the victim, is given the gun for ka-Powwing his brains with a success rate of 100%.

But will he fire the gun gracefully for suicide or flee away or even try to kill one of his co-workers! That's when the party get's juiced up!

Oh wait, for a second thought that doesn't sound such a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]Paying 6 hobos to play this game (fake of course) would be a very interesting psychological experiment.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 because you can refuse to pull the trigger. What can they do if you don’t pull the trigger, kill you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you kill one of them if you're in seat 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a killer(!) practical joke for testing your co-workers integrity at corporation christmas party.

You need 5 people that are in this 'gag' and a victim, drunk as hell of course, who is promised 10 million dollars for entering the game. Everyone else except the victim knows that the gun is fixed and doesn't really have a bullet in it. Volunteers are willing to sit on seats 1-5 and the victim (literally yeah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) is seated sixth.

Gun doesn't fire on the fifth player and player number 6, the victim, is given the gun for ka-Powwing his brains with a success rate of 100%.

But will he fire the gun gracefully for suicide or flee away or even try to kill one of his co-workers! That's when the party get's juiced up!

Oh wait, for a second thought that doesn't sound such a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL
Old 05-28-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Paying 6 hobos to play this game (fake of course) would be a very interesting psychological experiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be also a kick-ass reality show.

I wonder if NBC is hiring...
Old 05-28-2007, 06:34 PM

I'm getting the same chance of dying no matter where you sit, assuming everyone plays fair.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting the same chance of dying no matter where you sit, assuming everyone plays fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no....DUCY?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no....DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]No. Please enlighten us.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no....DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]No. Please enlighten us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope i'm not being levelled here, but there is an obvious difference in your chances of dying based on position. Russian roulette is played by placing a single bullet in a 6 chambered revolver and randomizing the player being killed by spinning the chamber. If you are the first to go, you have a 1/6 chance of death. If you are last to go, and observed 5 people in front of you successfully pull the trigger without being killed, you obviously have a 100% chance of death.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:30 AM

100x better than bumfights. someone get this project off the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]Paying 6 hobos to play this game (fake of course) would be a very interesting psychological experiment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I hope i'm not being levelled here, but there is an obvious difference in your chances of dying based on position. Russian roulette is played by placing a single bullet in a 6 chambered revolver and randomizing the player being killed by spinning the chamber. If you are the first to go, you have a 1/6 chance of death. If you are last to go, and observed 5 people in front of you successfully pull the trigger without being killed, you obviously have a 100% chance of death.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you're in seat 6, you only have to pull the trigger at all 1/6 of the time, for a total of 1/6 chance of death. In seat 1, you have to pull the trigger 100% of the time, but there will only be a bullet in the chamber 1/6 of the time, and so on.

Unless I'm being levelled, in which case congrats.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you're in seat 6, you only have to pull the trigger at all 1/6 of the time, for a total of 1/6 chance of death. In seat 1, you have to pull the trigger 100% of the time, but there will only be a bullet in the chamber 1/6 of the time, and so on.

Unless I'm being levelled, in which case congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, didn't really think that one through, thanks for the correction [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]