Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Default sharkscope

Hi, im a beginning HU player, i play mostly mid level limit, but having alot of fun in HU tournies right now, I was wondering how many of you use sharkscope? is it good for tracking other players to see if you want to play them?Or do you like it just because you can watch yourself move up the board?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: sharkscope

[ QUOTE ]
how many of you use sharkscope?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked a similar question awhile ago and got the following answer from a decent shark:

"I doubt more than 1% of the players at the 5s and 10s game select. Some may use sharkscope after they sit. There seems to be a little bit of game selection at the 22-33s, more at the 55s and I would imagine around the 220s is where more than half the regulars game select. Again, I'm not sure but that is my guess."

Edit:
Yes, it is a good way to find out which players to avoid.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:57 PM

well i dont know about you guys, but i sharkscope myself at least 3 times a day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 01:20 AM

Well, the reason only 1% of the players at the 5s or 10s select is that you dont need to. In about 100 matches I havent encountered a single opponent who I thought to be decent. In all other matches I have so far met ONE opponent of who I thought I didnt have an edge in this match. That was at the 22s, stars at 6AM.

edit: also you just cannot really select at the really lowstakes. Tables fill so quickly that there is no way of figuring your opponent _before_ sitting down. And once you are in I dont really see a point in scoping him since you find out what kindof guy he is in seconds. I guess it can be a + in some situations early in the match, but thats about it.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 AM

There's honestly less than 20 people on stars IMO at the 5s that are decent players. Some people just stick around for 1-2k games with an ROI of 20% or more because they cash out so often, but that is so rare.

One guy at the 10s is like that, but he plays higher, he still likes to gamble, I forgot his name but I played him recently and I saw Dboy playing him as well.

I sharkscope 55s because I just moved up to them and I avoid the good players that sit first. It seems most bad players join and do not sit first whereas most good players sit first or join if the random fish sits first.

It's definitely a useful tool and the quote Lord posted above was from me I believe.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:35 PM

thanks, seems like a really good tool for someone getting started to try and avoid the sharks for now
Old 06-02-2007, 11:14 AM

sorry for threadsteal. but why is a 300k gtd finaltable appearance showing on my sharkscope? the appearance is obviously legit but why would it show on my sharkscope, as it only records sng's? partypoker. w/e
Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry for threadsteal. but why is a 300k gtd finaltable appearance showing on my sharkscope? the appearance is obviously legit but why would it show on my sharkscope, as it only records sng's? partypoker. w/e

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. Is this a brag post? lol, just kidding, I'm really not sure.

To answer the OP, I love shark scope. I'm running between 10%-11% roi on FT, at the $50-$200 HU SNG's, and I guarantee it's mostly due to game selection.

There are plenty of bad players who will sit first. I say, let them sit, scope them, and then play anyone with a -15% ROI or worse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it impossible to find out, the $5 and $10 heads up that I play fill up so fast, by the time you type the guys name into sharkscope, somebody else has joined already. Gave up on it and just look up my opponent after i join
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it impossible to find out, the $5 and $10 heads up that I play fill up so fast, by the time you type the guys name into sharkscope, somebody else has joined already. Gave up on it and just look up my opponent after i join

[/ QUOTE ]

Like you said, at the lowest limits on big sites you donīt have time to check out the first player to join. If your memory is good, though, you can sharkscope your opponent after you joined and avoid him in the future if he is a shark.