Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Default michael vick accused of dogfighting

I would like to hear BBV's thoughts on this. I think its really really despicable and I hope the goverment cracks down hard on all athelets who do this.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...50/1048/SPORTS

"FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick was at a dogfight in 2000 and is "one of the ones that they call the big boys" in the sport, a confidential police informant told ESPN.

"That's who bets a large dollar," the informant said Sunday on the show "Outside the Lines."

Advertisement

"And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money, 30 to 40 thousand, even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."

When asked how he knows Vick bets that amount, the informant said, "because I've seen it."

The informant told ESPN reporter Kelly Naqi that the year before Vick was drafted by the Falcons, one of his dogs fought and defeated one of Vick's dogs.

"Michael was not in the pit, OK?" the informant said. "Michael's thing was he came with all of the money. ... He was betting with everybody."

He also said Vick isn't the only professional athlete involved in dogfighting.

"All around the country, just to give a rough estimate, 20 or 30..." he said. "Football players are basically, you know, in it."

The informant was not identified, but a dogfighting investigator called him "extremely reliable."

Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has "resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

Surry County (Va.) Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday he is confident charges will be brought in the investigation of a possible dogfighting operation at a house then owned by Vick. Dogfighting is a felony in Virginia.

Police raided the rural home April 25 as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dogfighting.

Vick has said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.
"
Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: michael vick accused of dogfighting

and people wonder where how the younger brother got all messed up...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:29 PM

You PETA crybabies sleep with your kittens every night I know. I'm going to go eat some undercooked beef that was raised in a massive feedlot and forcefed with other 2 year old mass produced cattle, forget to feed my dog and then shoot my neighbor's pet pig repeatedly with a BB gun.

edit: I ran over a squirrel yesterday driving home. On purpose. It was all the way in the left lane and I had to swerve hard just to get to it.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM

im I the only one that found that sportscenter interview kind of freaky.. luke , i am your fathhhhhherrrrr
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM

Dude, I don't even like PETA. I think some things they do are horrible i.e. compare the way chickens are killed to the holocast. But in my mind this is totally different. I know BBV is mostly a joke forum and all and "blah blah serious bizz we don't wanna be like oot." But I would really appreciate to hear your genuine input rather than sarcasm, which ultimately ditracts from the disscussion
Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 PM

on a serious note, the whole dogfighting thing is pretty twisted and cruel...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You PETA crybabies sleep with your kittens every night I know. I'm going to go eat some undercooked beef that was raised in a massive feedlot and forcefed with other 2 year old mass produced cattle, forget to feed my dog and then shoot my neighbor's pet pig repeatedly with a BB gun.

edit: I ran over a squirrel yesterday driving home. On purpose. It was all the way in the left lane and I had to swerve hard just to get to it.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im I the only one that found that sportscenter interview kind of freaky.. luke , i am your fathhhhhherrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I mean blacking out the face is fine but is that much of a voice change really necessary?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:35 PM

I'd care more if 90% of dogs born today weren't given to pounds and ultimately put to death anyway. But as it is, at least these dogs are fed and treated well for awhile.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd care more if 90% of dogs born today weren't given to pounds and ultimately put to death anyway. But as it is, at least these dogs are fed well for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both situations are unfortunate. But I think being put in a pound>>>> dog fighting. I don't have much of an idea of how these dogs are treated, but I would guess that the pound provides much more than a dog trainer does. As far as a way of dying being put to sleep> death by dogfight and its not even close.