Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 11:28 AM

Default possibly boring live 10/20

10/20 at the Borgata. The game is pretty good, with lots of calling preflop, but somewhat reasonable play after. I've been running well and playing a bit laggy and shown down winners that are a bit questionable, and I think most have noticed, though they're probably not actually adjusting.

I have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the hijack. 3 limpers to me, I limp, CO raises, button calls, BB calls, limpers all call, I call.

CO is the closest thing to a good player at the table, though he errs a bit towards tight/conservative.

Button is bad and very loose-passive.

limpers and BB are all generically bad and somewhat LP.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I check to CO who looks anxious to bet. CO bets, Button calls, one limper calls, I raise, CO 3-bets, Button calls, limper folds, I call.

Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, CO bets, button looks excited and raises, I call, CO calls.

River is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, CO checks looking very unhappy, Button bets, I call.

OK guys, tear me apart ... I see at least one misplayed street here, but felt not-so-good about a couple of others as well.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: possibly boring live 10/20

everything is totally standard until the river.

i would just donk that river. hopefully co makes a crying call with his QQ and then button does whatever.

i really don't get your c/c. (is it because the deck was fouled with a second 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 05-28-2007, 03:15 PM

I agree with that cracker above me. Bet the river. Getting overcalled = as much money without risking a loss.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:49 PM

i might cap the flop. it often helps decisions later in the hand since you've shown so much strength.

i don't like the river c/c. bet.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:09 PM

James what do you think of a river CR?
--How much less or more do you like it?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM

If you didn't describe button as passive I would go for a C/R on the river. For this same reason I would donk the river because he might get frightened by the second 6.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:58 PM

I'm feeling a total river bet here.
I agree with everything else you've played though. I like the pf call, the flop c/r, the turn too.

Just when you check the river, you are letting someone check down with a weak ace, or trashy 2 pair, such as A8, which I'm feeling the btn has... so bet the river.
I'm thinking if I diiid check, I'd follow it up with a check raise.
Really stick it to the man.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
James what do you think of a river CR?
--How much less or more do you like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

less.

the 6 pairing on the river will sometimes be a scarecard to people unless it helped them or they can beat trips. bet.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been running well and playing a bit laggy and shown down winners that are a bit questionable, and I think most have noticed, though they're probably not actually adjusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Borg regulars will adjust more than you realize when you least expect that. And lol at you playing a BIT laggy, I know you better than that! Long time no see, how is the new gig?

River - bet it.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i might cap the flop. it often helps decisions later in the hand since you've shown so much strength.

i don't like the river c/c. bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so the river donkbet was the obvious thing here ... I'm suprised you were the only one who mentioned a flop cap, since that was the other street that seemed misplayed in hindsight. Is there any real reason not to cap the flop here?