Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: What was the best SERIES finale you ever saw?

Six Feet Under. Hands down.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOST

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I borrow your time machine?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 AM

I hated the Seinfeld finale the first time I saw it. But upon rewatching it I realized it was the only way the could've ended the series. You've got four self-righteous [censored] who have basically only acted out of self-interest for the entire series. So I thought it was actually pretty fitting that they end up in prison as punishment for their years of behaviour. And I liked how they brought on all these characters from the duration of the show. There was probably no finale they could've put together that everyone would've liked.

I know I'm probably the only one, but after watching it a second time - I thought it was a really good finale.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:35 AM

The Angel finale owns all.

'I want to slay the Dragon'
Old 05-28-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seinfeld

How no one has posted this yet, is beyond me. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this thread isn't titled "Worst Series finales"

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it and never understood the hate for it. Thought it was great how they brought back all the old characters, liked the tease between Jerry and Elaine as the plane was going down, very Seinfeldish ending.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM

I don't know how many people used to watch Third Watch, but it was my favorite show. The series finally was kinda a surprise because I didn't know I was watching the series finally until it was over.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quantum Leap. I cried a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great call. That was an excellent episode.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Opened this thread to say "Angel," but... I can't believe Alobar interpreted it the way that he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

How else can you interpret it?

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="white">
It seems like the main theme of the show is that the fight is never over. That you can't win except by never quitting, etc. Wouldn't really have made sense to me if they all DIED. Sure, some of them probably would have in the ensuing battle, but I think it ended before then for a reason, and if I wrote any more I'd get way too pretentious and thematic or whatever. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">They ALL died in the ensuing battle, they all knew they were going to die in the ensuing battle, and that was part of the beauty of it. Never give up may have been the theme of the show, but so was the fact that there will always be evil and there will always be another end of the world battle. They gave their lives knowing that even after what they did it still wouldn't be the end of it all that it would eventually continue as it always had and will, but they had a chance to show evil that they didnt care, that they (humanity) would always continue the fight, they yelled it loud and proud, and that was the point. Least thats my take, any other interpretation just doesnt have the same beauty to it IMO.</font>
Old 06-06-2007, 01:27 AM

Six Feet Under had me absolutely balling. Besides the fact it was just a tremendous show, I had always been SO into it, discovering it in it's first season and watching every single episode every sunday night, going years before i ever met anyone else who watched it too. (Im 19 now).

Didn't mean to bump, was searching for the office thread as i just watched the series finale and i thought the episode was fantastic. lauged out loud a bunch of times, smiled, almost cried. Great show. I hope this will get a bump for the Sopranos too...
Old 06-06-2007, 01:32 AM

I'm currently on season three of Angel (season six of Buffy at the same time). One of my friends did say that the Angel series finale was amazing. I guess I'll be back in a few months to read the spoilers and comment myself. Somebody PM me in September to remind me please? Thanks.