Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:11 AM

Default A hand with multiple interesting spots

Live 10/20 game, plays like 2/4 online. There are multiple debatable spots in this hand, looking forward to discussions.

Very passive player who is seeing 80% of all flops and making decisions on the turn open-limps, I raise on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB 3-bets, we both call. SB plays horribly post flop, his pre-flop 3-betting range is probably 66+ AQo+, AJs+, KQs. He tends to have a wide range because he feels I am trying to steal, I have seen him re-steal lightly without regard for position. He seems to be steaming in the last few hands, he is angry that his opponents "keep sucking out" - in reality they often have the proper pot odds to see another street.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB bets (I think he will always cont bet this board), loose limper folds, I call.

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain bets, I call. This call is the most interesting spot in the hand IMHO. Please note that Villain will likely bet the turn with A high, as well as most any pair or better.

River doesn't matter, but I am happy to report I got two bets in there and a priceless dumbfounded look as he steamed away in the hands that followed.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: A hand with multiple interesting spots

I'm tired so I'm not really going toadd to the discussion other than to say I like post-flop.

Preflop could go either way.

--Dave.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 AM

preflop is fine. if you felt your read was good, postflop is fine too. watching a steaming player lose with K high IS priceless.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 AM

Preflop: very standard

Flop: If villian can fold here you can always semibluff raise. But I'm perfectly happy with calling. Just don't fold. )

Turn: Even with chop outs with a 7 I don't think I'm seeing a big enough pot to continue...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:57 AM

I understand pf and flop. I don't understand the turn. Please enlighten me.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Ok, I can see it. I probably wouldn't have played it from the beginning, but you know why. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Would a bluff/raise on the flop or turn be wrong? Villain wouldn't probably fold the flop raise, but might on the turn?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:22 AM

The turn call is very, very thin, but I think OK. It looks to me like somewhere around 6 outs.

I am interested in the river, since you say you got a raise in. I assume it must have been the 3?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:15 PM

PF good, flop fine, turn... eh...
I'm thinking, if I felt the way you did against this guy, I would have raised the flop, or more importanyl the turn.
Giving him credit for an ace high have, and if the river bricks, pretty good chance his kicker is bigger that yours hahah
Nice hand though.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is fine. if you felt your read was good, postflop is fine too. watching a steaming player lose with K high IS priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a hand in the range of 99-KK aparently because he had a pocket pair only on the showdown, he said it wasn't AA - but I was never shown his cards.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking, if I felt the way you did against this guy, I would have raised the flop, or more importantly the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop would have only gotten me 3-bet against even with AK or AQ as his holding - I can't steal the hand or see a free card so I chose not to. If his hand is within the non-paired range I am only ahead of KQ, and he would peel another street for sure so he has 6 outs with only 16 possible combinations within his entire hand range of 156 possible combinations (he might not re-raise me with AJo, I'm not sure about that one).

[ QUOTE ]
Giving him credit for an ace high have, and if the river bricks, pretty good chance his kicker is bigger that yours hahah
Nice hand though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never gave him credit for A high. I only gave him credit for a hand that he is likely seeing showdown with even if I raise. A turn raise is a good option, I felt he could not fold his pairs TT+ or 64 of his Ax combination hands (AQ+) so thats the majority of his range - in fact he might not be able to fold any of his Ax hands because he might think he has the implied odds to call a raise with his gutshot and overcards. No doubt this is the most interesting decision of the hand.