Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: how much is too much?

Well, when you 3-bet the turn CO is already all in and MP has folded, so their hands are irrevelant. SB is close to being all-in as well, and if he has you beat the turn probably gets capped anyway.

If I read the action correct, then it is only you and maniac left on the river.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: how much is too much?

[ QUOTE ]
My question on all streets save the river, is not really in regards to the BB, but the other players in the pot. I'd CAP every street all day long versus just the BB, but don't forget we have 5 players seeing the flop, one gets all-in, and then we have a SB who is showing a lot of strength too. I actually fear that the BB would have 67 more than pocket KK or pocket 88 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I realize SB is a concern but I didn't address him in my original post because the same reasons Mute gives. I would think he is just as likely to play AK this way given the description you give of the table because of the maniac. If he wasn't all in I still feel the 3-bet is correct and if he capped well then were not looking nearly as good and that would be a different hand compltely because we are then hoping to get to SD ACAP but with BB in there you would be in a real tough spot. Be thankful we don't have to address that this time.

Just for the hell of it. Would you be seeing a SD with a 3-way capped river(IE. SB,BB and Hero)
Old 05-28-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Results

BB(Maniac) flipped over AA (wow?)
SB flipped over 88 and won the main
CO flipped over 66
Hero won like 2 bets, and lots a messload with the 2nd best hand, 2nd set.