Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: How does Venetian Deep Stack Ex. compare to regular Venetian tourn

[ QUOTE ]
MGM-Mirage won't, because they are locked up with the WPT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. "won't" isn't in the MGM vocab here. Putting the WSOP in CityCenter or MGM Grand would be a wet dream realized.

What about Commerce? Wasn't there some rumor or story or whatever that they wanted to originally get it from Binions? Who said the WSOP has to stay in Vegas?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. "won't" isn't in the MGM vocab here. Putting the WSOP in CityCenter or MGM Grand would be a wet dream realized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the rumor is for selling it next year, and the City Center won't be done by then. You really think they'd buy it just to put at the MGM? It's a "halo" event for Harrah's - they use it to promote their whole chain, with the Circuit events and whatnot. MGM-Mirage can't do that, and therefore it has less value to them.

[ QUOTE ]
What about Commerce? Wasn't there some rumor or story or whatever that they wanted to originally get it from Binions? Who said the WSOP has to stay in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't heard that rumor, probably because I haven't been involved with poker that long. I think that would be a shame. WSOP season is a "halo" event for all of Vegas, so even if you never enter the WSOP, it's a fun time to play in Vegas.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the rumor is for selling it next year, and the City Center won't be done by then. You really think they'd buy it just to put at the MGM? It's a "halo" event for Harrah's - they use it to promote their whole chain, with the Circuit events and whatnot. MGM-Mirage can't do that, and therefore it has less value to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If Harrahs is disbanded as is projected by the industry pundants, MGM would be a very reasonable option to sell the WSOP intellectual rights to. Street says Binion will get the rights, but that could be just pipe dreams of people who know of the connection between the two, I really don't know more than I am discussing here so at this point i think the end game is anyone's guess. Then again maybe there will be no breakup of Harrahs after all, its too soon to know for sure.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
V's $340 starts you with T6000 and $550's with T10000. I don't see V's blind structure online but I have a printed version of what they used last Extravaganza. Rounds were 40 minutes, and the SB/BB structure they used was identical to what I just posted for Binions, but V's antes are slightly larger (1K/2K/300 vs /200, 1500/3000/500 vs /300, 2K/4K/500 vs /400, etc). Looks like Binions is keeping the antes at about 10% of the BB while V's antes are centered around 1/6th of a BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

the V skips the150/300 level they go 100/200 100/200/25
Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
V's $340 starts you with T6000 and $550's with T10000. I don't see V's blind structure online but I have a printed version of what they used last Extravaganza. Rounds were 40 minutes, and the SB/BB structure they used was identical to what I just posted for Binions, but V's antes are slightly larger (1K/2K/300 vs /200, 1500/3000/500 vs /300, 2K/4K/500 vs /400, etc). Looks like Binions is keeping the antes at about 10% of the BB while V's antes are centered around 1/6th of a BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

the v skips the 150/300 level