Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Your first Billion

Dont listen to John Kane.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont listen to John Kane.

[/ QUOTE ]

He asked for advice and I tried to help. Given I see your interested in buying funds, then I would imagine you would be interested that h-l.co.uk has the lowest fees out of the sites I've checked , and the site an IFA recommended through no personal gain of himself (got to know him through another finance forum). I take it you want to listen to that advice given fees are bad. Or maybe your just annoyed you've already bought them and paid higher fees. Either way, thought it would be useful.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:14 PM

I was commenting on the rest of your post.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:44 PM

please explain why all of the other points should be ignored.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:28 PM

I hear a lot about Investors Buisness Daily. What's a UK equivalent? Financial Times?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:25 AM

no idea iStront tbh, I buy Investor Chronicle whenever I'm travelling for something to read, but as for a daily equivalent then yes, I imagine the FT is such. However, I would check as I would imagine IBD gives more investing advice, whereas FT reports the business news. I'm guessing that solely becuase of the word 'Investors'; I could be completely wrong.

What are people doing with there ISA's this year? I haven't properly looked, but giving im (trying) to save to buy a property in the next 12 months (currently have a bit over £50K, still long way to go, hopefully I'll joint mortgage it with a friend or two) so I am wondering if there is a monthly interest ISA. I've set up with HSBC so my savings account gives monthly interest which is a massive incentive I think compared to getting it annually, when I never really cared.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:48 PM

I was wondering does anyone in the UK have experience getting a mortgage as a pro-poker player. I currently have a mortgage from when i was working full time but have been playing online poker full time for the last 2 years. I will be looking to move at the start of next year and I have around a £50k deposit to put down and would be looking to purchase a house for around £200k.

I have no real accounts of my poker winnings apart from statking and pokertracker, and no other sources of income.

How will i prove i can afford to pay the mortgage?
What sort of questions will they ask me?

Sorry if its a bit vague, but im very tired now.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 AM

dodgyfish,

You need to get a non-status mortgage & do it through a good broker, and it should be possible, altough you will be paying a very high rate of interest. If I were you though, I would seriously consider staying put, becuase you already have a mortgage (presumably at a decent interest rate), and try to save for a larger deposit before moving.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 AM

anyone here do any affiliate work? just wondering what is the legal way to report it? Does it class as income and so pay income tax, or should we be paying vat on it if we are providing a rakeback service?