Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Default odds, percents, and the like.....

I am wondering what is the best way to memorise all the different odds and percentages and things like that and where is the best source for this kind of info? I have been reading a lot of books on hold'em particularly low limit games. But I am finding it difficult to know how many outs I have, or what my odds are of winning, and how many two card combinations can beat me. ALl that newbie stuff...haha anyway I was just wondering what is the best way to make these kinds of essential poker skills second nature. Thanks alot I really appreciate (and need) the help.
-John
Old 05-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: odds, percents, and the like.....

http://www.learn-texas-holdem.com/te...babilities.htm

When it comes to actually remembering stats, you just have to pick up the most important ones and practice. Something that's worked for me is having somebody else test me. It may sound donk-ish, but it's very effective. Also writing it down helps you remember.

The most important ones would be different hands and which is the favourite in all-in situations preflop (for example pair vs. two overcards, pair over pair etc), odds of filling up a flushdraw/straightdraw/straight-flushdraw (both from flop and turn, as they change), and odds of hitting a set.

Also the odds of a random hand connecting with a random flop (which should be about 1/3) is very useful to know.

Of course there is a lot more to remember than this. But IMO hitting draws and sets would be the most useful stats to remember.

when it comes to outs, i struggle with this too, and haven't found a good way of counting them fast. Maybe someone else can help you.