Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Humberto Brenes

i was at the next table over during his AA slowroll (was day 3 of the main event) and it was ridiculous... humberto had a ton of chips and it wasnt a large % of his stack to call.. yeah you must be a shark dude you got dealt AA vs a shortstacks queens, way to go.

also oliver believe it or not most pro players dont give a [censored] about writing for spanish espn (or any other company for that matter) uh bernard lee wrote for espn.com too were doyle and phil ivey green with envy bud?
Old 05-27-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oliver,

Here's something that you haven't figured out. A lot of us don't give a flying [censored] which players can't support themselves by playing poker and so have to sell out to corporates to avoid going busto. We only care when the same players feel they have to act like douchebags to attract or maintain this sponsorship, when at a minimum it slows the game down and on many occasions it's downright rude and disrespectful to us, the people who actually play poker because we find it profitable and enjoyable rather than a means to be the centre of attention as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Memo to "2+2 poker player":

Earning risk-free money (from media and/or marketing work) is superior to risking your own money.

Also, earning risk-free money in addition to making money from playing poker is superior to just making money from playing poker.

How would you know that Sr. Brenes can't support himself playing poker?

You are only assuming that because Sr. Brenes managed to land both a sponsorship (PokerStars.net) and a writing gig (ESPNDeportes.com).

(Oh, how can I forget? This is 2+2, where the "inmates" will build up the likes of "sbrugby" for the purpose to tearing him apart 24 hours later when he goes through a $1 million downswing.)

Old 05-27-2007, 01:48 PM

OLIVERT,

STOP POSTING, YOU RETARD!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2007, 01:49 PM

Simon, you're wasting your time. He's not going to listen to you, unless the Berlin Daily Press sponsers you.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:57 PM

I played with him in a small tourney in San Jose Costa Rica, and he was very laid back. It was funny, he was like the godfather of that place.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:01 PM

I wonder if the 2+2'ers realize that most people who aren't "poker gurus" like all of us, think Brenes is awesome, fun, and entertaining.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Earning risk-free money (from media and/or marketing work) is superior to risking your own money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Earning a small amount of risk-free money by sacrificing your dignity and independence is vastly inferior to earning a large amount of money with a minimal risk.

As for Sr. Brenes, yes, perhaps I am applying my own standards to another person who may have different standards to me. I would only give up all my dignity and self-respect to act like a complete retard in order to squeeze out a few bucks as a corporate shill if I had no other option, but maybe he enjoys it.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the TV-watching fanboys realise that most people who have to put up with guys like this at the table think Brenes is a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-27-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Humberto pwns. He spoke to me in chat on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you banned from chat on stars???

[/ QUOTE ]

I am now, but at the time i wasnt.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, jason and I saw the same thing.

Also, i'm not sure why all the olivert hatred. He seems polite/informative, what's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Bond,

It's because no matter what the thread is about his reply basically will mention something to do with players deals and....

1. Poker explosion in the far east.

2. Post leglislation "non-english" speaking markets

always sprinkled with talk of his clients.

The repsonses on here are probably the most on topic relating to Humberto but regardless its annoying.