Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Lolo? KKF? Samo? Bld? Where are these guys?

new avatar sucks EM.
how many hours did u used to put in- is that hourly rate for 12 tables- imprssive tho?
i take it bld was the biggest winner per table?

i can't believe there are no vids out there of you guys playing back in the day. there are loads around of the full tilt tables. guess party as just pre youtube etc. :-(
Old 05-27-2007, 12:55 PM

there's some videos of tuff_fish playing against EM2.

apparently EM2 is scum.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you know your hourly rate, when you never have used pokertracker or any other program to track your play?

And why in the world would you play 2-4 NL when your worth millions?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you know the answer to both these questions
Old 05-27-2007, 01:35 PM

bld,
i think your points about people having great results at nosebleed games not necessarily meaning they are WCP players is a good one. i don't think anyone would ever disagree with that.

my whole point is the guys who are playing and beating the biggest games are "typically" not the types that ground it out at the MSNL to low HSNL games for 500k hands. it takes a different style/mentality to beat 50/100nl+ than it does to 10 table 5/10 or 10/20. it's just a different game, that's all.

i just think it is pretty crazy to compare a group of guys that for the most (not all) part have never made a significant amount of money outside of the partypoker pre legislation games to players that are still playing/winning 9 months later in much tougher conditions. don't get me wrong, all these guys are very good players, but i think it's be impossible to really pick the best unless everyone played hundreds of k's of hands together.

tc
Old 05-27-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my whole point is the guys who are playing and beating the biggest games are "typically" not the types that ground it out at the MSNL to low HSNL games for 500k hands. it takes a different style/mentality to beat 50/100nl+ than it does to 10 table 5/10 or 10/20. it's just a different game, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about durrrr often seen 10-12tabling highstakes?
Old 05-27-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you know your hourly rate, when you never have used pokertracker or any other program to track your play?

And why in the world would you play 2-4 NL when your worth millions?

[/ QUOTE ]

there were databases that tracked hands. em2 among others used them and he could see much of the important data that ptracker had without actually using it.

the second question is ridiculous. just because you have millions doesn't mean you have to play the highest stakes. a good 2-4nl player can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year with virtually no risk. asking this question would be like asking the 5-10 and 10-20 players who have made millions why they still play those games when aba is sitting alone at 200-400nl.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about durrrr often seen 10-12tabling highstakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

leave durr out of this. i have no idea.

tc
Old 05-27-2007, 01:52 PM

If I had made millions playing 10-20/25-50, why would I all of a sudden go down and play 2-4 NL? Makes no sense..
Specially with a guy like Empiremaker who have a pretty big ego and wants to prove himself all the time...
Old 05-27-2007, 02:07 PM

I agree you can't really compare players. Some guys are better suited for playing 2-4 hu tables a little higher and some are better for more tables lower less short handed.

For a lot of the guys who sit at the biggest games, they are not necessarily world class. Its too hard to tell with the lack of hands they play at the level. And in a lot of instances a 200-400 NL game with the right players can be easier than 25-50 or a 10-20 NL game.
A 6 handed Nl game with Benyamine and some random taking a shot, would probably be easier to beat than a lot of 25-50 NL games even if it had some of the tough regulars. Add Gus Hansen then it would probably be more profitable than a 5-10 game
Old 05-27-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had made millions playing 10-20/25-50, why would I all of a sudden go down and play 2-4 NL? Makes no sense..
Specially with a guy like Empiremaker who have a pretty big ego and wants to prove himself all the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

because he cant beat the higher games now. i would be surprised if he was a winner in the 5-10 game on stars.