Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Things your close ones has said that surprised/shocked you.

I chatted with a really good friend this morning (he's out of town) and he's a huge Portland Trailblazers fan. He said he watched the lottery last night (Portland got the #1 pick), started jumping up and down and yelling in the bar he was at, then started crying after it sunk in. Could not ever picture this dude crying. Needless to say, he really is a big Blazers fan.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm visiting my grandparents with a very close female friend of mine. She had never met them before. We are sitting at dinner discussing a high speed chase we watched on TV which left one LAPD officer dead.

Grandpa: I think we should just kill all those (word starting with N for african-americans)

I have never been so shocked or embarrassed in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for old people.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm visiting my grandparents with a very close female friend of mine. She had never met them before. We are sitting at dinner discussing a high speed chase we watched on TV which left one LAPD officer dead.

Grandpa: I think we should just kill all those (word starting with N for african-americans)

I have never been so shocked or embarrassed in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for old people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just sorry it happened in front of my friend.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:09 PM

adsman,

I got pretty drunk at the hotel that night. My mom went with me to Australia to help with the whole thing. It was nice getting sloshed with the mom after that day.

Victor,

The details are as such. I was born in America and my dad left my mom with two other kids which were not his(from my mom's previous marriage). During the next twenty years I only emailed him a couple of times. Then my sister who lives in Australia(from my dad's previous marriage) talked me into coming down to visit her. I had met her once before when I was a sophomore in high school. Her and I kept in contact a lot since she found out I was alive, which was when she was 12. I also wanted to visit the dad for part of the trip.
Well it was all set up and I would spend 4 days with him and my mom would be there as well. During the planning stage of the trip I had my first phone calls with my dad and stuff and he expressed a lot of interest in having me stay with him for the entire 2 and half weeks. I promised my sister I would spend two weeks with her so I told him I would not be able to, but that I would love to come back again if all goes well.
So I get to Australia and we hang out with him and the grand parents from that side of the family. I get to know him a little bit. Things are awkward and I don't force any discussion(assumed 3 more days lol) and try and stay relaxed. He smoked the entire time and came off as a very pathetic old man. He lives 45 minutes outside of the city I was at(Brisbane). He was supposed to spend that night at his parents house in the city so it would be easier to meet up with the family the next day. Also some cousins and uncles were coming in to meet me as well. It was supposed to be a big family day the following day.
Well, at the end he seemed stated that this had been the most valium he had consumed in one day(he has bi-polar and somehow self prescribes his own drugs) then I told him I would see him tomorrow, he said no. I was too stunned to react at that time so I just went back to the hotel and got drunk. A side note, Australian light beer is the equivalent to like an ice house. Gets you pretty drunk pretty fast. Since then I said I won't speak to him unless he initiates the conversation, it's been about a year...so it's probably never going to happen.
I tried to keep this brief…but if you actually wanna hear more I can do that at some point.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After losing a game of Bocce at a family reunion to my cousins:

Grandfather (to me): You're a disgrace to this entire family.

[/ QUOTE ]
This got me laughing uncontrollably
Old 05-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Dad to me: Hey buddy, can you score me some pot?
Old 05-27-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me(after flying to Australia to meet my dad for the first time in my life, and hanging out with him for what was supposed to be the first of four days): Ok I'll see you tomorrow?
Dad: No
Me: Ok bye...

And that was the end of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

gave him the kidney the first day huh