Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: OOT relationship experts-- advice needed. TL/DR

You are infatuated not inlove when you learn the difference you will be better for it.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I'd prefer to be in one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tired of being single, becoming increasingly extroverted, ready to see if I'm all the way past Kristen.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tired of being single, becoming increasingly extroverted, ready to see if I'm all the way past Kristen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you see why these are all completely crap reasons? You didn't list one thing that you have to offer somebody else. You're looking for somebody else to help solve your problems. Solve your own problems, then you'll have something good to offer to another person.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you see why these are all completely crap reasons? You didn't list one thing that you have to offer somebody else. You're looking for somebody else to help solve your problems. Solve your own problems, then you'll have something good to offer to another person.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of my OP was to ask for advice on how I can solve such problems.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:51 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_frustrated_chump

Work on being happy with your own life...have interesting hobbies/activities, be confident in yourself and work yourself to the point where you truely believe you have alot to offer any girl.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And of course, at the end of the week, we had to split ways. We decided we would try to stay together (she lived ~600 miles away).

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean you would try to stay in contact? When kids meet on vacation and make out for a week, it's a fling, not a relationship.

Honestly dude, you're heading off to college pretty soon. You'll meet every kind of chick imaginable...hotties, fatties, super sweet church girls, slutbongs, geniuses, airheads, volleyball players, yadda yadda, take your pick. You'll be able to sample every kind of girl there is, and you'll learn whatever it is you need to - whether it's simply how to bag [censored] at bars or how to really love a wonderful woman. I can't say what it is you need, but I can say that you shouldn't get hung up on girl issues when you're about to start the stage of your life where girls aren't the issue.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
college is no time for a serious long distance relationship like this. especially because the two of you have never spent any time together. you've spent all this time apart talking to each other, all this daydreaming and i'm sure you've built this girl up to epic proportions in your mind.

this relationship would tear you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread

Seriously, OP, this is spot on in every particular.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And of course, at the end of the week, we had to split ways. We decided we would try to stay together (she lived ~600 miles away).

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean you would try to stay in contact? When kids meet on vacation and make out for a week, it's a fling, not a relationship.

Honestly dude, you're heading off to college pretty soon. You'll meet every kind of chick imaginable...hotties, fatties, super sweet church girls, slutbongs, geniuses, airheads, volleyball players, yadda yadda, take your pick. You'll be able to sample every kind of girl there is, and you'll learn whatever it is you need to - whether it's simply how to bag [censored] at bars or how to really love a wonderful woman. I can't say what it is you need, but I can say that you shouldn't get hung up on girl issues when you're about to start the stage of your life where girls aren't the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

This man speaks the truth. Go to college, date lots of girls, forget about your super emo infatuation with a chick you met for a week on vacation years ago.