Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Strat Theory Post - light 3-better

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $54.80
BB: $200.00
UTG: $105.10
MP: $348.45
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $218.95</font>
BTN: $234.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $26.00</font>, Hero calls $18.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($53) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $40.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $100.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $174.00</font>, Hero calls $74.00

stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kinda sweet when the 3-bettor has AK and reasons he has 10 outs vs. your obvious JJ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 03:03 PM

moving tables is girly... i call and own him post flop... with a few 4bet bluff/made hands mixed in but i usually see the flop rather than 4betting...
Old 05-26-2007, 03:07 PM

B, the only problem with your scenario is your not deciding what to do before you do it. What I mean is what are you accomplishing by 4 betting that hand if you don't already know if against the person you are 3 betting, you should call. Your turning AQo, which is probably top 25% of your hand range there if not higher, into a total bluff if your gonna fold to a 5 bet, which in general isn't awesome, and your definately screwing yourself if you just 4 bet it cuz your fed up with being 3 bet.

Valur, while learning to play is important, the fact is 95% of this forum will probably never play higher than 3/6 for any prolonged period of time due to bankroll constraints, time, and a lot of other stuff. And thats not a problem considering the money that can be won at 3/6 and below, but it also means you have a much wider selection of seats and tables. Don't force yourself to play in [censored] spots just to learn to play. Also, you have to realize the hands people 3 and 5 bet at 1/2 are incredibly different than those at 5/10, because people have a better grasp of what to 3 bet there, etc.

&lt;3
Old 05-26-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I just wondered whats people thoughts on this situation. I think I play pretty bad in re raised pots and I am trying to sort that out so I am just running through a few thoughts. This is probably easy stuff though..

Say its folded round to you and you decided make a standard raise, then a tag/lagish re pops you. He has posistion on you and you know that his 3 betting range is pretty light. I.e somthing like 77+, A10+, KQs, 10Js, possibly 910,89s. first of all, regardless of your hand, how often do you think its correct to play back at them and make a 4-bet. do you think its too high varience to start 4betting/shoving with any 2 because you think he is weak? Or if your hand is above his range, does anyone call and try play pokerr. Or is this just bad play to be calling a 3bet OOP.

for example, its folded around to you in the cut off and you have AQ, you make a standard raise and the button 3 bets you. his range for 3 betting is somthing like yours,(like 77+, A10+, KQs, 10Js, possibly 910,89s maybe?) what % of time are people folding, calling, 4-betting?

Also how does your %'s change when you have posistion on him. say you open from cut off and he re pops from the SB. is calling best here?

thanks. sorry its tl;dr lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That range is not light. BTW, I 3bet you ALOT bc you always fold.

Yesterday, La Jolla sat at a table and had position on me. Son of a bitch kept three betting me. I called a few 3 bets with bascially any two and just played poker. I CRAI twice on the flop where he folded and you know.... he didn't 3 bet me again for the next hour. THATS RESPECT
Old 05-26-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3 betting range is pretty light. I.e somthing like 77+, A10+, KQs, 10Js, possibly 910,89s.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at anyone who thinks this isn't light. Sometimes I don't even open that many hands [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If you're like 17/15 or so, then the "equilibrium" 3-bet range is about 6%.

I think the games would be very different if you all could see RR% like I can. Light 3-betters can't get away with it so easily because any hud-bot can see it. Obviously the hud-bots will still be retarded and not adjust so you can still pwn them by changing gears and playing different than your stats suggest.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:21 PM

CTS never changes games if someone 3 bets them light. So why should I?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 PM

"B, the only problem with your scenario is your not deciding what to do before you do it. What I mean is what are you accomplishing by 4 betting that hand if you don't already know if against the person you are 3 betting, you should call. Your turning AQo, which is probably top 25% of your hand range there if not higher, into a total bluff if your gonna fold to a 5 bet, which in general isn't awesome, and your definately screwing yourself if you just 4 bet it cuz your fed up with being 3 bet."

This is actually the kinda answer i was looking for. I guess I just need to ask myself if I'm calling the shove before I do it or else just call and play poker.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he plays better postflop than you?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he plays better than you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-26-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he plays better postflop than you!!

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP