Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Plugging Some BB Leaks 3 Hands

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this also, obviously I totally crapped this hand which is why I posted it. But when I look at the texture of the board, so many hands will call two barrels and then fold to the third that it seems like a pretty obvious raise, three barrel opportunity. Do most people agree that this is a good three barrel type hand?

Thanks,

soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the 3rd barrell is certainly not folding any pairs. The question is simply: do TJ, higher flush draws, and aces -- aces, however, he may or may not fold -- make up enough of his range to make it profitable?

I think the 3rd barrell question really hinges on whether he is the type to make an ace hi cd here.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i c/c here alot too, but surely you can't say that c/raising is always bad here... ie, that you can never do any % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
no i would pretty much never cr here. against what hands in villain's range is cr'ing good against? if u need to improve to win then u would rather just cc. if villain has QJ or something its kinda close bc its gross when the turn is a blank and he checks behind. but he wont chk behind every time. and when the turn is an ace or u make a straight and he bets its huuuge.

cr'ing also opens the door for a worse hand to own u in a big pot.

edit: i would cr a straight turn and cc down an ace turn. the river after an ace turn is a cc imo bc he can put u on a [censored] pair and a [censored] straight draw and try and get u to fold it. cr'ing is pretty thin.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:52 PM

hand 3 i woudl bet turn and bet river most of the time but im willing to concede that the river bet could be shown to be a loser if someone did some work on the problem. a lot of it is opponent dependent. if he can have J8 or can fold KJ then obviously its a bet.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:54 PM

Hands two and three are good on the flop. hand 1 i like the flop checkraise but not the cap
and hand three betting the turn is mandatory
Old 05-26-2007, 03:03 PM

oh ya and bet the river too, improved or not
Old 05-26-2007, 03:34 PM

the reason cring is bad in one is bc its a huge win if villain puts in a turn bet with only 6 outs. cr allows him to play perfectly. he peels the flop with qj and folds the turn unimproved when we are ahead and he pwns the [censored] out of us when he has good hand.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 PM

1) I would c/c every street here
2) Like it
3) i would bet every street
Old 05-27-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason cring is bad in one is bc its a huge win if villain puts in a turn bet with only 6 outs. cr allows him to play perfectly. he peels the flop with qj and folds the turn unimproved when we are ahead and he pwns the [censored] out of us when he has good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor, I see your point here. Can this concept be applied to all drawing hands OOP or just ones with showdown value like in the OP?

Because I'm thinking with a hand like 76 on a 542 board, it might be ok to keep the betting lead even OOP because there is a chance for villain to mistakingly fold better hands now.

Does this reasoning work?

soda
Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Oh, I just wanted to say thanks because I had a 76s in BB yesterday, SB raised, I called and flopped a four flush, he bet, I raised, he called, checked turn to me, I bet my four flush and he folded.

So, thanks!

soda