Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 3-betting, lets find a solution

Hi,

Holdem Manager is my database / management app - similar in concept to Poker Tracker or Pocker Office. My HUD uses this framework to do the things it does. Neither are currently available to the public but the private beta is about to start for the Holdem Manager app and the HUD will be coming a short while later. I had actually been using the HUD since January but I overhauled some internal pieces over the last 6 weeks to make the overall Holdem Manager platform much better but as a side effect the HUD needs to be upgraded and that is why it isn't part of the initial phase of the private beta.

Public beta will be happening soonish - problem is changing internal pieces is more difficult once an app is released to a wide group so I need to make sure I have got it close to right before I take that step. I'm pretty sure that people, and in particular good, "thinking" players, will appreciate Holdem Manager when it is finally released.

For the programmers out there, I have spent a huge amount of my time working on the framework and the plugin model for this application. One key concept is that all hand histories get parsed and stored as HMSF (Holdem Manager Standardized Format) which is an xml representation of the hand. What this means is that plugin developers who require access to the hand history for some reason do not need to worry about supporting xyz site - simply support HMSF and you immediately support all sites. If you do want to grab the original site specific hand history then that is stored in the DB as well. Also, the quality and quantity of data you will have access to will open up some new possibilities in terms of add-ons so if you have some concepts for plugins / addons then feel free to pm me.

Hope that clears things up,

rvg
Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 PM

Thanks for clearing that up rvg. What RDBMS will it use?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Started out with SQL Server Express 2005 but scrapped it due to the 4GB/database limit. I ended up trying to split up pieces into multiple databases to get around the 4GB restriction but it got messy and inevitably the 4GB ceiling would be reached and I don't want any artificial limits to size especially when hardware performance 2 or 3 years from now will be 5 times what it is today so I had to abandon that DB engine.

Ended up going with PostgreSQL 8.2 after trying out a few options. The way I have everything setup performance is good even on insanely large DB's (ie > 10 million hands)

rvg
Old 05-23-2007, 07:29 AM

Any news on this?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:26 AM

I'm also really interested in this.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also really interested in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been in Alpha testing for the last 2 and a half weeks - I'll be announcing the date for the public beta pretty soon.

rvg
Old 05-23-2007, 03:02 PM

Jebus Christ... will you release the DAMN thing already rvg. Your such a [censored] HUD tease
Old 05-25-2007, 06:46 PM

rvg,

where are located in Canada?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:49 PM

Vancouver, BC. Actually, I now live about 20 minutes away in New Westminster.

rvg
Old 05-26-2007, 10:43 AM

cool. I currently live in Prince Edward Island but I'm moving to Edmonton, Alberta in September to do my Master's in Computer Science at UofA. Have you heard of Poker Academy and the research they do in the Poker Research Group there?

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/

Oh, speaking of BC and UofA. I went to visit the campus a month ago and was told that they are holding a competition in BC where their limit heads-up bots will play against two pros (one of which is Phil Laak). Just thought you might like to check it out.