Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Default SNGWiz: Can anybody explain the opponent model to me, please

Hi!

I just try to figure out how to read the oponent model. I did open the excel sheet. Can anybody explain to me what f.e. "15" in column G row 20 means?
And for a second example just to make sure that I'll understand why is there no number in J5?

Thanks alot.
Lars
Old 05-26-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: SNGWiz: Can anybody explain the opponent model to me, please

[ QUOTE ]
I just try to figure out how to read the oponent model. I did open the excel sheet. Can anybody explain to me what f.e. "15" in column G row 20 means?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it means a player in Early Position with a 10 BB stack, will call a raise vs an opponent who has a 5BB stack with only the top 15% of hands. I'm not 100% sure how he can both call top 15% and raise top 30% in the same situation though?

[ QUOTE ]
And for a second example just to make sure that I'll understand why is there no number in J5?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's empty because you can't raise with less than 2BB - you can only push (see J9 instead).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 08:55 AM

Hm! Sounds good to me so far. But how does SNGWiz uses those numbers. There must be some calculation done.
First of all there are three different models (thight, average loose). Second what happens if a player has 14.5 BB's? SNGWiz shows me numbers like 7% or 16% that are not even in the model. So how are the numbers of the model converted? Any ideas??

Thanks
Old 05-26-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm! Sounds good to me so far. But how does SNGWiz uses those numbers. There must be some calculation done.
First of all there are three different models (thight, average loose). Second what happens if a player has 14.5 BB's? SNGWiz shows me numbers like 7% or 16% that are not even in the model. So how are the numbers of the model converted? Any ideas??

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure. Perhaps your best bet is to post a question on the SNGWiz forum - he seems pretty good at answering stuff, so I'm sure he'll explain how it is used.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:09 PM

Have you read the help file? It has a pretty good explanation of each field in the opponent model tables.

To answer your specific question about column G, row 20: when an opponent is in early position (which is defined to be 3 positions or more before the button), has a stack size of 10 big blinds, and there is a standard raise from another player with a stack of 5 BB, he will flat call the raise with the top 15% of all hands.

Empty fields are either not possible or are duplicates of another situation.

The compute an opponent’s hand range for a game situation, the Wizard interpolates between the nearest table entries.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you read the help file? It has a pretty good explanation of each field in the opponent model tables.

To answer your specific question about column G, row 20: when an opponent is in early position (which is defined to be 3 positions or more before the button), has a stack size of 10 big blinds, and there is a standard raise from another player with a stack of 5 BB, he will flat call the raise with the top 15% of all hands.

Empty fields are either not possible or are duplicates of another situation.

The compute an opponent’s hand range for a game situation, the Wizard interpolates between the nearest table entries.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does he both flat call the raise with the top 15% and also re-raise with the top 30%? (How does the model decide on which to do?).

Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 PM

That doesn’t make much sense, does it? Clearly, the re-raise range should be smaller than the flat-call range.

Maybe I can take your idea and get some 2+2ers to review the hand range tables to come up with a sort of consensus for an average, loose, and tight player.