Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: FreeHG with vista?

I posted this in the Bet Pot thread, but it's probably more appropriate here:

[ QUOTE ]

dave, sorry for this idiot question...

i am currently using FPHG to grab my observed (datamined) hands only. They are saved as txt files and go in my FPHG folder and get auto imported on PT by the generic auto importer into a datamined database.

I import the hands from tables I am playing on using PT's Party importer into my playing database.

I'm really missing BetPot though, so can you recommend a way to set my importing up so I can use FPHG but still keep my mined and playing data separate? I can't think of convenient way to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess something like this might do it?

[ QUOTE ]

Create a ".txt" file in the folder where FPHG is saving the HH files and rename it to be something like PokerNow.exe, then setup FPHG to save as ".hhf" files and tell PT to import observed hands from this folder.

I'm not sure if PokerNow.exe still works as so long since they stopped, but if not then try EmpirePokerMaster.exe or whatever Empire are currently calling their exe and try the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if I set my mined db to import like this, it will still be getting played hands won't it?

Maybe this will have to wait until you get customisable saving locations (this would obviously be easy if there were two subfolders for 'played' and 'observed').

Forgive me if this is a straightforward question, but I'm new to Party so I don't understand all this .hhf stuff. Someone must have been in the same position as me.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this in the Bet Pot thread, but it's probably more appropriate here:

[ QUOTE ]

dave, sorry for this idiot question...

i am currently using FPHG to grab my observed (datamined) hands only. They are saved as txt files and go in my FPHG folder and get auto imported on PT by the generic auto importer into a datamined database.

I import the hands from tables I am playing on using PT's Party importer into my playing database.

I'm really missing BetPot though, so can you recommend a way to set my importing up so I can use FPHG but still keep my mined and playing data separate? I can't think of convenient way to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess something like this might do it?

[ QUOTE ]

Create a ".txt" file in the folder where FPHG is saving the HH files and rename it to be something like PokerNow.exe, then setup FPHG to save as ".hhf" files and tell PT to import observed hands from this folder.

I'm not sure if PokerNow.exe still works as so long since they stopped, but if not then try EmpirePokerMaster.exe or whatever Empire are currently calling their exe and try the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if I set my mined db to import like this, it will still be getting played hands won't it?

Maybe this will have to wait until you get customisable saving locations (this would obviously be easy if there were two subfolders for 'played' and 'observed').

Forgive me if this is a straightforward question, but I'm new to Party so I don't understand all this .hhf stuff. Someone must have been in the same position as me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the easiest thing to do would be to split observed and played. This would also stop the unnecessary HD thrashing from saving ".live" files for observed tables.

Can anybody see this causing them extra problems? If not then I'll add this for the next version.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 01:49 PM

Cheers Juk.

Thanks so much for FPHG and your commitment to free poker software in general.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers Juk.

Thanks so much for FPHG and your commitment to free poker software in general.

[/ QUOTE ]
NP and thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2007, 09:04 PM

How do you get freephg and betpotscript(party) to work with Vista?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: help with

Can anyone just giv me a dummy's guide to getting started with the trial version of pokertracker. I dont understand it at all. How do I start importing hand histories etc?? any help would be great, thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: help with

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone just giv me a dummy's guide to getting started with the trial version of pokertracker. I dont understand it at all. How do I start importing hand histories etc?? any help would be great, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Try the PT forums or download the PT help files - I'm, sure there must be some tutorial for PT in these somewhere.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FPHG works fine if you run it in administrator mode. I'm not getting betpot to work yet either.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FPHG works fine if you run it in administrator mode. I'm not getting betpot to work yet either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have betpot working in vista? Would be glad to hear an explanition why it does't work
Old 05-26-2007, 05:48 AM

I've installed FPHG and I'm seeing the hh's being read but not imported into PT. this is the text I am getting in the Auto-Import PP Hand Histories box of poker tracker:

'import finished-1 file read - 0 new hands imported.

I've tried v2.09 and v0.07 and have the same problem with both. Hope someone can help me out.

When using v0.07 I can see the hands being 'registered' in the freephg.exe file.

But none of the hands are importing.